GDT: Flames vs Jackets (5pm on Sportsnet)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You were sayin'?

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif
:'(

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Brodie really need some mental help!
He does these mental farts every fricking game!

Reactions: Sk8M8

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
I'd trade Brodie before the rest of the league figures out he's not the player he was two years ago. Andersson is ready and Stone is no worse.

This is exactly when you make this kind of trade. He still has a lot of value when he shouldn't. Every mistake he makes is just going to mess with him more and he's making at least on terrible play every single game.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I blame GG for this loss. It's been apparent to everyone that Brodie has been really poor lately. Why would he give Brodie a second OT shift before Hamilton? Brodie was great tonight but that error is gonna hurt his confidence (even more) now

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Janko and Versteeg out before Matt Tkachuk in OT.

Yeah, you're right people who defend Gulutzan, he's a real good coach.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
While Brodie has deserved some criticism, I think a big reason his play has been down is his TOI. He was on for 25ish minutes tonight. If we ease off his time a bit to 20-22, and give Kulak more time - I think the mental errors might pop up less. He’s also tasked with handling the puck all game, so he’s more noticeable with turnovers.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I blame GG for this loss. It's been apparent to everyone that Brodie has been really poor lately. Why would he give Brodie a second OT shift before Hamilton? Brodie was great tonight but that error is gonna hurt his confidence (even more) now

GG is puzzling but really they are lucky to get a point, no coach would have won tonight.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I f***ing hate toterella but man his teams are always good.

Glen has the team playing well but he isn't a good motivator, makes very questionable line/timing decisions, and doesn't seem to do well with rookies in the league so far.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'd trade Brodie before the rest of the league figures out he's not the player he was two years ago. Andersson is ready and Stone is no worse.

This is exactly when you make this kind of trade. He still has a lot of value when he shouldn't. Every mistake he makes is just going to mess with him more and he's making at least on terrible play every single game.
You actually think Gulutzan would move a RHS to the left side?

lol

In the real world, moving Brodie without a defenceman coming back just means Bartkowski in the top four. Imagine the guy who struggles as a sheltered bottom pairing plug now playing 20+ minutes a night against top competition.

It's bizarre how hard it is for some to understand that Gulutzan likes his left/right split.

While Brodie has deserved some criticism, I think a big reason his play has been down is his TOI. He was on for 25ish minutes tonight. If we ease off his time a bit to 20-22, and give Kulak more time - I think the mental errors might pop up less. He’s also tasked with handling the puck all game, so he’s more noticeable with turnovers.

I agree. Ryan Suter talked about having to make adjustments to his game when he was playing close to 30 minutes a night; stuff like having to pick his spots, conserve energy, etc. Cutting Brodie's minutes a bit might reduce the unforced mental errors.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

I agree again.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Brutal mistake but Flames had no business getting to OT in the first place.

Brodie is still a top ~25 D in the league and trading him puts the Flames out of playoff contention.

Flames offense scored 0 goals in over 60 minutes because our top line got shut down yet this is all Brodie's fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad