GDT: Flames vs Flyers (Wednesday @ 6:30PM MST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Something is different with the Flames this year.

1) We replaced Gulutzan with Peters. His coaching is so obviously elite every single game. Honestly think he's one of the best in the entire league, I mean this was one of his worst coached games of the season and he was still able to secure a two goal comeback win..
2) We replaced Dougie "volume shooter" Hamilton with Brodie and Andersson, who are very intelligent and creative offensive RD, and in Brodie's case he enables Giordano rather than limiting him. They're also both much better at being useful when the net is empty.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
When our first line is buzzing like they have been for the majority of the time lately, they're right there with the very best in the league bar none.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
More of that purple drink. More.

WvgFHT9.gif

I'm starting to think I need to stock up on this for game days.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Steinberg mentioned an interesting stat, with goalie pulled this year we have scored 5 goals and allowed 3. I propose we play full games with out a goalie, a specific goalie.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
And for the record, for those of you who've thought I've been unfair on Monahan in the past for inconsistency, timestamp today, because at the 32 game mark I give him an A+ (as I do Johnny and Lindholm). Outside of a few average outings he's been 95% plus putting out consistent stellar efforts.

So there you have it, credit where credit is due through a little over a third of the season.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Peters on Smith: Smith wasn't feeling right after 40 and Peters didn't hear about it until right before they got on the ice. That's why Rittich started and Smith wasn't on the bench in the third .

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I have a sense that this is going to be a high scoring game. Flames take it 10-8.

Also, I know Smith has been better but I still start Rittich this game, he looked fantastic in Edmonton. After the rough outing in Columbus he bounced back and had a tremendous game and would have loved to see him back out there.

Smith better not let any ****ing ECHL beer league goals in.
You were close and Smith DID let in a beer league goal!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I almost missed all of this game. On my way home I heard the Couts SHG. Got inside and checked my phone and saw 5-4. Turned on the TV and saw them celebrating 5-5, then watched Johnny win it.

What a ridiculous team.

FYI on the radio they mentioned that the emergency backup, who normally sits in the broadcast booth, was absent for the start of the third period. Definitely sounds as though an injury to Mike Smith must have occurred. Too many bread crumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->