GDT: Flames vs Canucks 8:30 PM MT

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Flames have more integrity than Tampa and Florida, throwing the game just to keep the overtime madness alive. Those guys didn't have the integrity to throw the game for overtime

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If it makes anyone feel better, the Canucks shot up 2 spots with their neat comeback

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames have more integrity than Tampa and Florida, throwing the game just to keep the overtime madness alive. Those guys didn't have the integrity to throw the game for overtime

I, for one, am happy we have more integrity than the Florida teams.

Sasha Barkov? Vic Hedman? Steven Stamkos? Jonathan Huberdeau?

Nah man. What you want are integrity/60 players like Sean Monahan. You draft a player like that, you close up the rebuild, it’s done.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Integrity is the name of our game

we win when nobody cares

Tell me a team that can do that as well

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
We'll be 11th technically (since Arizona doesn't have their first) if we lose the next two games or 12th if we don't (we pass Chicago with one win but can go no higher). Doesn't really make a difference at this point though. With the strength of this draft, I doubt we get a prospect much higher than Zary calibre there anyways. Just a disaster of a year.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I, for one, am happy we have more integrity than the Florida teams.

Sasha Barkov? Vic Hedman? Steven Stamkos? Jonathan Huberdeau?

Nah man. What you want are integrity/60 players like Sean Monahan. You draft a player like that, you close up the rebuild, it’s done.

Sure they may win a cup..but what about their integrity? Makes you think.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Integrity > Cups.

Of the last 12 cup winners, only 7 have been won by tanking teams (3 Pens, 3 Chi, 1 TB - maybe some debate on Wash?). Couldn't be me to cheer for a team who intentionally wants good draft players.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Love that Tampa is likely the highest likelihood at repeating this year:

Multiple top picks on the team.
Bargain bin UFA's that fit like a glove and go there for pennies.
Two players sit out the season (one full, one about half) then show up for game 1 of the playoffs like:
tenor.gif

And we in Calgary, attack each other on this forum for integrity or lack-there-of because some people want some top picks on the team lol.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm so used to the meaningless struggle for 9th place that it's kinda just whatever at this point.

What I don't understand is how this team can be so far up its own ass with no track record of success in the new millenium. What exactly is the thinking process behind giving Giordano 27 minutes of ice time last night? What's the point in dressing Ruzicka if we're gonna give him 9 minutes out there? Why are Ryan and Leivo out on the powerplay?

This team has proven time and time again that they have no concept of the bigger picture. It's how you end up with Monahan heroically drifting around aimlessly for half the season on an injured hip. He was a total detriment to his line and we never recovered from the hole we dug in the standings, but boy does he have heart for playing through the pain.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Didn't get to watch, but dumb organization is dumb.

Ruzicka didn't impress me that much. He's big I guess but he doesn't have anything that's game breaking. Why Phillips continues to rot away idk size.

Speed and size... lets get more Brett Ritchie's in the offseason boys and get to 13th like integreta Alberta boys!

There's a reason another generation of Oilers fans is springing up in Alberta and the Flames flounder at #2.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Didn't get to watch, but dumb organization is dumb.

Ruzicka didn't impress me that much. He's big I guess but he doesn't have anything that's game breaking. Why Phillips continues to rot away idk size.

Speed and size... lets get more Brett Ritchie's in the offseason boys and get to 13th like integreta Alberta boys!

There's a reason another generation of Oilers fans is springing up in Alberta and the Flames flounder at #2.

I think Ruzicka has Jankowski level upside

and I think I am generous

Reactions: L13 and super6646

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I wish they'd punt Mangiapane, Dubé and Nesterov to Latvia--no point in them playing out the NHL season, so just give them an extra day to recover from the jet lag in Riga--shut down everyone who's even remotely unhealthy, call up/put in Phillips, Parsons, Kylington, etc. as applicable and give them the last two games, and send geriatrics like Markström, Backlund and Gio on vacation. There's nothing left to play for! Give your young players a chance! This is ridiculous.

Reactions: DFF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad