GDT: Flames vs Canucks 8:30 PM MT

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Said it before but it bears repeating. Treliving is a f***ing idiot for nickel and diming Mangiapane instead of extending him long term
This is more like "Treliving is dumb af for the Neal contract," which, while true, is the predecessor for why Mangiapane had to be nickel and dimed. If he could sign him long-term and also re-sign Tkachuk and others, I'm sure Mangiapane would be signed for the next 6 years

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
why Mangiapane had to be nickel and dimed.

Mangiapane never "had" to be nickel and dimed.

Nor can you blame the Neal contract for while Mangiapane, on the verge of a breakout season, was treated like a barely NHLer in negotiations when it was obvious to anyone with eyes that he would be a 25+ goal scorer for the rest of his career

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is more like "Treliving is dumb af for the Neal contract," which, while true, is the predecessor for why Mangiapane had to be nickel and dimed. If he could sign him long-term and also re-sign Tkachuk and others, I'm sure Mangiapane would be signed for the next 6 years
We're in a tricky cap position because of the Neal contract but Mangiapane was heading into training camp 2019 at odds with Treliving over signing a 2-way contract before his breakout season that got him the 2.5x2.

It's going to be interesting to see what Treliving (or our next GM I hope) does with Dube and Valimaki this summer. They've had disappointing seasons but still have tremendous upside and should be a part of our long term future. I see no point in dangling the carrot with a 2 year deal

Reactions: Mazatt

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Treliving now can claim they are almost a playoff team after these meaningless games

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Markstrom’s plan for an easy game to pad his stats is not working out

Besides, he is not very good

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Gio looks like a fool there

don’t let Seattle see the tape

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Come on Canucks, 2 more and win in regulation.

Like seriously, Gio is out on the top PP unit with 2 games left while everyone is playing playoff games. What the actual f***. If his ego is that big that he needs top unit time when Vali/Ras/literally anyone should be on it instead of him, then f*** off my team. Glad Vancouver got a shorty on him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Flames couldn't miss an opportunity to choke during the post-season

Apparently this team can’t win or lose properly regardless.

Id have dressed an AHL caliber lineup, with some cap to be game time compliant; and if I got shit from the NHL I would have just been like: You guys have us playing meaningless games and already started the playoffs.

On a high note, rewatched a great movie tonight if watching this trashola

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Shame, with that we secure 12th overall (Vancouver can't pass us) Well, we technically need one more win, but the Nucks are terrible.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Apparently this team can’t win or lose properly regardless.

Id have dressed an AHL caliber lineup, with some cap to be game time compliant; and if I got shit from the NHL I would have just been like: You guys have us playing meaningless games and already started the playoffs.

On a high note, rewatched a great movie tonight if watching this trashola
The viewership for the Tuesday/Wednesday matinees is going to be a smidge higher than 0. The Canucks and Flames players should swap jerseys and see what happens

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Shame, with that we secure 12th overall (Vancouver can't pass us) Well, we technically need one more win, but the Nucks are terrible.

And Calgary refuses to tank properly.

Gotta love this season. No playoffs. No good pick. Got to be the joke of a once in a blue moon the North Division in front of all Canada.

But at least we got our integrity.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This proves if the other team doesn’t care, we can win?

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
200.gif

all I got

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad