GDT: Flames vs Canucks, 7:30 MT Dec 29

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Treliving had better sell at the deadline.

The team just can't build on anything this year. Would be a waste to do anything but restock the system and then reevaluate in the summer.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think some of what we're seeing from Johnny this year is legit discouragement carry over from past years. Not that it's excusable, just saying.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Can we pull the goalie so Myers can get his hattrick?

At least I can claim I saw something?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

The team just can't build on anything this year. Would be a waste to do anything but restock the system and then reevaluate in the summer.

I think January will seal this team’s fate, but im leaning towards us being sellers. This isn’t the year, and we have two ufa dmen that have value.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

For sure this. I just don't see it with this team. Need a Brayden Point kind of Player.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Throw this one in the trash. The inconsistency of this team is maddening. Look great one night, then look like garbage the very next game. Nasty stuff.

Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think January will seal this team’s fate, but im leaning towards us being sellers. This isn’t the year, and we have two ufa dmen that have value.

We do? I thought there is only one. The rest of the NHL is not blind?

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I think some of what we're seeing from Johnny this year is legit discouragement carry over from past years. Not that it's excusable, just saying.
I don't know what's going on with him, but he is getting 0 or 1 sog per game. Someone has to tell him that his dipsy doodle shit only works once in awhile. Shoot the damn puck Johnny. To score goals, you must shoot the puck on the net.

Reactions: Tofveve

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I hate to be a blame the coach guy but we're now on three straight coaches who just don't cut it. Peters was by far the best of the bunch and even he totally couldn't see what he had in studs like Lindholm, Kylington, and Bennett.
I just think Ward's been an assistant for too long. I don't see him as a long-term solution for this club. The return of the home struggles and road dominance is infuriating

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I hate to be a blame the coach guy but we're now on three straight coaches who just don't cut it. Peters was by far the best of the bunch and even he totally couldn't see what he had in studs like Lindholm, Kylington, and Bennett.

Fire brad then. At the very least, start warming the back of his chair. It’s pretty clear the roster is more at fault than some others would like to believe. Guy is wait too anointed for accomplishing so little in his time here.

We do? I thought there is only one. The rest of the NHL is not blind?

Russell got a second round (condition first that almost was met )pick lmfao. Trust me, some stupid gm will overpay for the “heart and sole” that hammer provides.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I have been a massive fan of Treliving throughout his entire tenure but if Geoff Ward remains Head Coach beyond this season, that'll be close to it for me.

The 5v5 hockey the Flames are playing under Ward is beyond embarrassing. If this type of hockey continues, we're screwed.

Reactions: Indiana

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I have been a massive fan of Treliving throughout his entire tenure but if Geoff Ward remains Head Coach beyond this season, that'll be close to it for me.

The 5v5 hockey the Flames are playing under Ward is beyond embarrassing. If this type of hockey continues, we're screwed.

We have done better generating high danger chances, but the defense sucks man. It’s either this mess or peter’s boring ass grind it out hockey that generates no offense.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Books out on Gaudreau. They just pressure him and he coughs up the puck.

You think at age 26 in his 6th season teams are just now pressuring him? That pressuring him wasn't a strategy when he dominated lower levels? The bigger issue is he's not skating full tilt, and without speed he's much easier to defend.

Although I dont see anything wrong with what he did tonight, he was still far from his best but he made nice passes and the Flames generated chances because of it. In fact that was one of the only reasons we generated any chances. Go watch our 3rd period powerplay, Johnny enters the zone Monahan or Tkachuk lose or giveaway the puck and it goes the other way. It's hard to create offence when your team never has the puck.

^Some nights but not tonight. We had 2 5v5 HDCF. Pathetic all around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad