GDT: Flames vs Canucks, 7:30 MT Dec 29

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You think at age 26 in his 6th season teams are just now pressuring him? That pressuring him wasn't a strategy when he dominated lower levels? The bigger issue is he's not skating full tilt, and without speed he's much easier to defend.

Although I dont see anything wrong with what he did tonight, he was still far from his best but he made nice passes and the Flames generated chances because of it. In fact that was one of the only reasons we generated any chances. Go watch our 3rd period powerplay, Johnny enters the zone Monahan or Tkachuk lose or giveaway the puck and it goes the other way. It's hard to create offence when your team never has the puck.

^Some nights but not tonight. We had 2 5v5 HDCF. Pathetic all around.

He definitely hasn’t looked as shifty this year. My speculation would be that diet is a factor, but I couldn’t say for certain.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Another season, another mediocre team.

Which would be fine, if they were retooling and with bursting pipeline full of exciting prospects.

Instead, their best D is on his way to retirement home, their best forward seems completely checked out and counting days till his last year so he can be traded out East and their best young player is another American who signed a short contract so he can get out as soon as possible.

And their best prospect is another smurf.

Just great.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
This game was unexciting for a rivalry game. Flames seemed ready to play, but we're hit with a bs penalty in the first which ended up in a goal, and a terrible goal unscreened from the point, and then a dumb penalty by Tkachuk sets us back completely. Rittich didn't have a great game, Talbot kept us afloat, but being down 3-0 before the first intermission when none of the goals against were off of quality chances is a hard pill to swallow for the team. With how many wins Rittich gets us I'm willing to accept this loss and the team should move forward. Hopefully Gaudreau can figure some stuff out as well. He looked like he was trying to be a game changer last night but lost the handle on the puck and led to turnovers. At least he's trying.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019

Which would be fine, if they were retooling and with bursting pipeline full of exciting prospects.

Instead, their best D is on his way to retirement home, their best forward seems completely checked out and counting days till his last year so he can be traded out East and their best young player is another American who signed a short contract so he can get out as soon as possible.

Just great.
Holy overreaction to a single game. How pessimistic can fans get after a single loss, cause I think this takes the cake. Not like the Canucks were on a win streak before this, nope. Tkachuk wants out (Why the f*** you think this is beyond me), Gaudreau wants out, Dube sucks.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Just great.

You realize Tkachuk is still a RFA after his contract is done? If he wanted to leave as soon as possible why wouldn't he sign for 5 years so he could hit UFA?

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
They're not far off if phillips dube and mangiapane are all 45/50ish pt players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad