GDT: Flames vs. Buffalo 7 PM MT Dec 5: Wake me up before you go go.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames played well for 56 minutes. Things are improving.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I would like to see my favourite hockey team play a good hockey game from start to finish at least once this season. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I guess I can live with 57:44 of good hockey.

Giordano was great tonight. Gaudreau had some jump. Flames generally were skating well. Rieder and Lucic lol

Kylington had a real high event game, lucky to have Andersson covering for him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Great game but I think this need still needs another good top 6 forward.

That's not the only problem I still do not trust the defense

Kylington is good for at least a couple giveaways

Hanifin and Hamonic are a joke at time

Reactions: viper0220

Aug 3, 2010
Great game but I think this need still needs another good top 6 forward.
This team could have six Milan "Soft Hands" Lucics in the top-6 and still the fans would want "another good top 6 forward."

The greed never ends.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That's not the only problem I still do not trust the defense

Kylington is good for at least a couple giveaways

Hanifin and Hamonic are a joke at time

Eichel feasted on that pair tonight. I think they had an xgf of 11% when playing him lmfao.

Also our only pair underwater possession wise. What a surprise.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
While I think our schedule has been favourable to the new coach, I am glad he was rewarded for blending the lines. I felt that's a large part what made Bill successful in Calgary last year. The unpredictability for opponents and the new linemates internally so you couldn't play in auto mode. Our team tanked when we stopped doing this later in the season, in the playoffs and the start of this year. Hopefully, we keep this up.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ward seems to have calmed the roster down a lot after a lot of players have seemingly been gripping the stick too hard. Monahan looked better, had 2 points, Gaudreau was quite good and had a goal. Backlund played while but is still stupidly snake-bitten.

Also, can Rittich also get a night off. I know we had a long break so of course he's getting this game, but the last thing this team needs is to burn him out for the last quarter of the year, especially since he's been our MVP this year.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I think we need to continue to play Hanifin with Hamonic

Really just only play those two together in all situations. Bench all the other defensemen

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
I lol'd when Looch scored a tick tak toe. Overall a pretty good game.. the 8 penalties is an issue and Hammonic is just a blackhole at this point. Hanifin and Andersen weree lights out together. Dube has definitely taken a step since last year.. if he can become a solid top 6 forward it would be a god send.

LA will be a test those d bags always show up to play us lol.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
For the first time all season the entire team has shown up for a game. The whole this was a weak schedule is BS in that the only team that Buffalo has a similar record, Philly is one of the top teams and the Pens are always good with Malkin and Crosby... FYI they just shut out the Blues... Remember the reigning Stanley cup champs.

The parity in the NHL is insane so when you play 29 games before you have an outing where everyone shows it is going to be rough. You can see a huge shift in a few players demeanor that they like the change to Ward. NBow if the boys can ramp their games up until April we will be in good shape.

Just about 60 days since I posted here last and the energy is still so negative.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Bogosian was the D man getting victimized on at least 3 of the goals. I know he's been out a while, but he looked bruuutal. Literally a pylon.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Lotta positives. I thought Backlund had his best game in a long time, and everyone else has mentioned most of the other names, but I wanted to throw his name out there too.

Full credit to ScrewOfficiating, Monahan's winger goal was great ;)

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
For the first time all season the entire team has shown up for a game. The whole this was a weak schedule is BS in that the only team that Buffalo has a similar record, Philly is one of the top teams and the Pens are always good with Malkin and Crosby... FYI they just shut out the Blues... Remember the reigning Stanley cup champs.

The parity in the NHL is insane so when you play 29 games before you have an outing where everyone shows it is going to be rough. You can see a huge shift in a few players demeanor that they like the change to Ward. NBow if the boys can ramp their games up until April we will be in good shape.

Just about 60 days since I posted here last and the energy is still so negative.

Blame the fans...the team is full of positives in the last 60 days

Reactions: super6646

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Monster sequence by Kylington. Start getting pumped!!! He was Pierre's monster of the game for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad