GDT: Flames vs Blue Jackets @ the Dome - Mar 4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Flames turn up the heat in the 3rd and get a big 2 points after being flat for most of the game.

Classic Flames rollercoaster ride.

Reactions: Boomstick

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Get more pucks to the net, play a full 10 minutes, and hope to get a lucky bounce.

Check. Check. Check.
I mean, realistically, the whole "Flames don't deserve this game" mantra that the commentators were pushing was ignoring the fact that there are two teams. Realistically, as much as the Flames were punished for lacking focus and playing without life for a small period of the first period, the Blue Jackets only actually came to play in this one for a small portion of the game.

You want the Flames to not fall behind against a team like this, but after they did fall behind, there is absolutely zero argument that the Blue Jackets were even close to as good as the Flames over the final 40. If they commit so heavily to playing prevent defence, you have to gut it out and score through shear pressure. And guess what? The Flames did that. Good on them.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I mean, realistically, the whole "Flames don't deserve this game" mantra that the commentators were pushing was ignoring the fact that there are two teams. Realistically, as much as the Flames were punished for lacking focus and playing without life for a small period of the first period, the Blue Jackets only actually came to play in this one for a small portion of the game.

You want the Flames to not fall behind against a team like this, but after they did fall behind, there is absolutely zero argument that the Blue Jackets were even close to as good as the Flames over the final 40. If they commit so heavily to playing prevent defence, you have to gut it out and score through shear pressure. And guess what? The Flames did that. Good on them.

Columus sit back and lost...Flames played like shit in the first half of the 3rd period as well

Reactions: Boomstick

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Yeah I missed the first, Columbus might hve had three scoring chances in the 45 minutes I watched. Flames were much better but it would be nice to get ahead of the game rather than always playing catch up.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Columus sit back and lost...Flames played like shit in the first half of the 3rd period as well
They were definitely bobbling way too many pucks, but it's honestly hard not to look like shit if the opposition is trapping that hard.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah I missed the first, Columbus might hve had three scoring chances in the 45 minutes I watched. Flames were much better but it would be nice to get ahead of the game rather than always playing catch up.
The old saying "you can't win games in the first, but you can lose them" especially applies to teams who sit on leads this way.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
They were definitely bobbling way too many pucks, but it's honestly hard not to look like shit if the opposition is trapping that hard.
It just looks like they don't know what to do when they get all that space. So they drift wide to the boards and throw a prayer through a bunch of bodies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We are on a roller coaster ride the rest of the way guys....make sure that seat bell is tighten LOL

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
It just looks like they don't know what to do when they get all that space. So they drift wide to the boards and throw a prayer through a bunch of bodies.
This sounds just like how I street brawl.

giphy.gif

Hockeyfan398393

Apr 24, 2015
neutral and new on hf, congrats on the win .just curious i been following the battle of alberta. i love the hate between the two. i read both oilers and flames hf but why is there way more oiler fans on here ?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
neutral and new on hf, congrats on the win .just curious i been following the battle of alberta. i love the hate between the two. i read both oilers and flames hf but why is there way more oiler fans on here ?

A vast majority of Flames fans appear to congregate on an independant forum called CalgaryPuck. The Oilers also used to have an independant forum called OilFans but it was such trash, as would be typical of and expected of Oilers fans, that they all migrated here as their exclusive stomping ground.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Flames fanbase has a forum called CalgaryPuck. It's a bit of an echo chamber, but it is much more popular than HF for Flames fans.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
They have about the same 5v5 goal differential as us but an otherworldly, unsustainable PP and think they're hot shit

30% PP - 1st
10.7% team shooting -2nd
84.4 % PK (with bad-mediocre advanced stats) - 2nd

The powerplay is definitely one of the leagues best but it's not 30% good. The penalty kill should be much lower based on xGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad