Flames to Hold Press Conference Regarding Iginla's Future

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Feaster has already said its to address the fact the media will be asking Iggy every interview about an extension. They are simply stating no discussions will be made until the end of the season so don't ask again for the next 5 months. Therefore its an effort to keep everyone from asking the same question 1000 ****ing times in the next few months.
I think questions regarding a possible trade and/or extension will be banned. I think they will be implementing a zero tolerance policy and any reporting asking about it will be barred from the locker room.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Realistically whats best is for Iginla to be traded to a cup contender not saying I want this but c'mon Iginla deserves it more than anyone else I would hate to see him leave but I rather him leave to win a cup then come back and retire. Calgary loves him and he loves calgary but I seriously don't think were a serious contender until we get the TRUE #1 center and our secondary scoring steps up.

berto14

Oct 1, 2009
I'm happy leaving the decision entirely in Iggy's hands -- if he wants to stay with the Flames for the last few years of his career, knowing that he'll likely never get a real shot at another Cup, I'm totally cool with that. And if he wants a trade to a contendor to take one last shot, I'm cool with that too. He's shown us more loyalty than most players would and I think we owe it to him to help him accomplish whatever it is he wants with the remainder of his career. Cup or not, Iggy will go down as the greatest Flame of all time.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
Not to pour fuel on the fire, but...

anyone wonder if the trade scenario has anything to do with Iggy's "groin" issue? All reports say he's fine, but being held out as a precaution. Preventing him from getting injured while a deal is finalized?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
anyone wonder if the trade scenario has anything to do with Iggy's "groin" issue? All reports say he's fine, but being held out as a precaution. Preventing him from getting injured while a deal is finalized?

Doubt it 100% as he is practicing tomorrow or the next day depending on how is gym visit goes tomorrow morning. After seeing what happened with Booth in Vancouver he is expect to miss 4-6 weeks that is 30%-40% of the season there is no way that the Flames will take the chance of rushing him. Also if they were going to trade him they wouldn't have him leading the guys in the locker room as he is.

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
Oilers fan coming in peace. My brother works with a guy who grew up with Jarome in St. Albert and played minor hockey with him for years. He said during the lockout he talked to Jarome who told him that his priority now is winning a cup. He wants to give it one last go with the Flames this season. If by the deadline they're not in a playoff spot or in the playoff race he might ask for a trade or just sign somewhere else in the off-season.

I agree with you guys that it's sad that Iginla doesn't finish his career as a Flame but at the same time, he deserves a Stanley Cup. He has nothing left to prove and Calgary has been incapable of providing him with a true #1 centre for virtually his whole career. Obviously I'd love to see him win a cup in the Eastern Conference or something.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Oilers fan coming in peace. My brother works with a guy who grew up with Jarome in St. Albert and played minor hockey with him for years. He said during the lockout he talked to Jarome who told him that his priority now is winning a cup. He wants to give it one last go with the Flames this season. If by the deadline they're not in a playoff spot or in the playoff race he might ask for a trade or just sign somewhere else in the off-season.

I agree with you guys that it's sad that Iginla doesn't finish his career as a Flame but at the same time, he deserves a Stanley Cup. He has nothing left to prove and Calgary has been incapable of providing him with a true #1 centre for virtually his whole career. Obviously I'd love to see him win a cup in the Eastern Conference or something.

As Bobby Orr, I find this very intriguing.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Try selling that to the media. Some guy's colleague has a brother who spoke to Iginla about his career goals.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Iginla may want out of Calgary, but his wife doesn't. He has to convince her. That won't be easy. There is moooore to the story folks

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Iginla may want out of Calgary, but his wife doesn't. He has to convince her. That won't be easy. There is moooore to the story folks

Easy. Just tell her the following:

"Wifey, I'm really tempted to taste dat sweet tang down the block that's been eyeing me because she's not as over-the-hill. On another unrelated topic, I have an opportunity to play in a city 5000 miles away from her[e]".

If Chris Pronger can "convince" his wife to escape the -40 paradise of Edmonton, Iggy surely can.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Easy. Just tell her the following:

"Wifey, I'm really tempted to taste dat sweet tang down the block that's been eyeing me because she's not as over-the-hill. On another unrelated topic, I have an opportunity to play in a city 5000 miles away from her[e]".

If Chris Pronger can "convince" his wife to escape the -40 paradise of Edmonton, Iggy surely can.

Mrs Pronger was 'merican though, and wasnt as acclimated to -40 that a native Edmontonian would be, so kind of apples & oranges.

mjw22

Feb 10, 2012
moosejaw
Iggy will be a Flame until he's 39 maybe 40 depending on how long he wants to play.Sadly comfort and money outwiegh his Cup desire. Hate to see him go out like Sundin cause this team isnt winning a cup anytime soon. He'll get a Flame ambassador job when he's done that he will be great at. My second favorite player after Theo I hoped he would go to a contender.This ownership group is more interested in $$$$$ than winning cups .:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->