GDT: Flames @ Stars: 3:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
We won a playoff series... I can’t believe it. Hopefully game 1 will be a start of more postseason success. Also anytime my win streak is over I expect mods to bar me from making gdts for playoff games forever for reasons ofc ;)

Will post lineups later today. Gfg!

Reactions: Boomstick

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Cant wait for it. Its going to be a great day for hockey in August....

Anyways we need to play smart and controlled. No bone head passes please.

Reactions: Boomstick

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Bennett, Dube and Mangi need to be good again......I worry that Johnny will be ineffective against a stingy team like Dallas

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bennett, Dube and Mangi need to be good again......I worry that Johnny will be ineffective against a stingy team like Dallas
The data suggests that Gaudreau is pretty effective from a possession perspective against the 5v5 matchups Dallas has tossed his way over the last few years:

vs:
Lindell 56 mins TOI 60.6 xGF%
Faksa 47 min TOI 57.3 xGF%
Heiskanen 42 min TOI 54.1 xGF%
Radulov 41 min TOI 51.5 xGF%
Benn 36 min TOI 55.1 xGF%
Seguin 32 min TOI 70.3 xGF%

I think he'll have a bit more space than he did vs Winnipeg, as the Jets D group is a significantly more physical group than that of the Stars.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Help me cheer harder for the boys tonight! Getting ready to welcome a new Flames fan into the world. I'll be gone probably today and the next few days and probably won't have the time nor energy to tune in.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Help me cheer harder for the boys tonight! Getting ready to welcome a new Flames fan into the world. I'll be gone probably today and the next few days and probably won't have the time nor energy to tune in.

A preemptive congratulations!

Reactions: Fig

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Congratulations!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Congrats!

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Congrats!

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Hopefully they don’t come out flat not having played in awhile and presumably no skate this morning

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
No excuses! I watched the game on iPad with the newborn day he was born in February with him on my lap. :naughty:

But seriously congrats and enjoy the moments! First baby?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
All I ask is that we crash the net. Bishop is 6 foot 6. We need to make him scramble. Tkachuk and Johnny are wizards in tight and that's a whole lot of girth to move around inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad