Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Yasin Ehliz and Marcus Hogstrom

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ehliz is a tiny guy without a ton of production in the DEL. 25 years old.

Hogstrom doesn't look exceptionally productive in the Swedish league, but at least he's a plus player? 29 years old.

Looks like two guys for Stockton unless they do something special in camp.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hogstrom is a LHD. He will likely replace Tyler Wotherspoon if I had to guess.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Standard procedure for these means they'll spend 3/4ths of the season with the Heat before maybe getting a call up at the tail end of the season if they're adjusting well.

Maybe Hogstrom becomes the 7th though give his age.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hopefully Ehliz can be an upgrade to the bottom 6, and I imagine Hogstrom will be competing for the 7d spot.
They'll be in the AHL for at leas the start of the season

lhd. Makes sense if the plan is to move Stone

Gio-Hamilton
Kulak-Brodie
Hogstrom-Hamonic

That looks much more balanced
I don't know what's worse, your lineup or you thinking he'll being the NHL as anything more than a 7D. If Kulak is in our top 4 we'll be fighting for the 1st overall pick

StDevs

Jul 1, 2014
Nuremberg
Ehliz played the last eight years for my hometown team. Despite his size he doesn't shy away from contact, is relentless on the forecheck and goes for the battle on the boards. He also has good speed. He is offensively skilled as a DEL forward, so I don't expect him to be a big scoring threat in the NHL. It's a heavy hit for our team to lose him and I hope he can crack the Flames roster. If he can keep up his style of play in the bigger, harder hitting and faster NHL, he might have success as a bottom 6 player.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Reading a big on Hogstrom and watching some highlights, he looks like he's a tough customer and a work horse. He apparently led the SHL in ice-time (per game) this year in the regular season and was 4th in the playoffs. Maybe he will be in he mix to replace Bartkowski

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ehliz played the last eight years for my hometown team. Despite his size he doesn't shy away from contact, is relentless on the forecheck and goes for the battle on the boards. He also has good speed. He is offensively skilled as a DEL forward, so I don't expect him to be a big scoring threat in the NHL. It's a heavy hit for our team to lose him and I hope he can crack the Flames roster. If he can keep up his style of play in the bigger, harder hitting and faster NHL, he might have success as a bottom 6 player.

Is Raffl a good comparison?

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Reading a big on Hogstrom and watching some highlights, he looks like he's a tough customer and a work horse. He apparently led the SHL in ice-time (per game) this year in the regular season and was 4th in the playoffs. Maybe he will be in he mix to replace Bartkowski

Apparently the first half of the season he was averaging over 30 minutes a night. I also was reading a couple Swedish sources (I game with a few guys from Sweden, one of them follows hockey pretty closely, and the others will translate articles if they have time), that he is considered a top 5 D-man in the SHL, and was one of (if not the) best player on Djurgardens. Apparently the team is in a bit of a panic mode right now because he was their #1 D-man, and don't have anyone to replace his scoring or minutes in the pipeline (and weren't expecting to lose him, as it's not common for undrafted Swedish players to get scouted and signed after or around their 24-25 birthday, and he is turning 29).

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Apparently the first half of the season he was averaging over 30 minutes a night. I also was reading a couple Swedish sources (I game with a few guys from Sweden, one of them follows hockey pretty closely, and the others will translate articles if they have time), that he is considered a top 5 D-man in the SHL, and was one of (if not the) best player on Djurgardens. Apparently the team is in a bit of a panic mode right now because he was their #1 D-man, and don't have anyone to replace his scoring or minutes in the pipeline (and weren't expecting to lose him, as it's not common for undrafted Swedish players to get scouted and signed after or around their 24-25 birthday, and he is turning 29).
ZQk7rJE.gif

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm curious if Ehliz will end up being more similar to Lomberg due to the mentorship he will get in Stockton.

EDIT: Hmm... is it just me or does he looks a little like Tavares at certain angles?

6z7j8k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad