Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Tanner Glass, 1 year 650k

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
flames have 24 players on the roster, including 15 forwards. which one gets waived?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
flames have 24 players on the roster, including 15 forwards. which one gets waived?
The Flames announced their 23 man opening day roster (Jagr is not on it because the signing is not official with the league yet). Hathaway has already been waived in order to demote him to the AHL when the Jagr signing is official.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Flames announced their 23 man opening day roster (Jagr is not on it because the signing is not official with the league yet). Hathaway has already been waived in order to demote him to the AHL when the Jagr signing is official.
But Hathaway is still on the opening night roster, right? So we currently have:

13-23-79
19-11-67
10-93-36
15-18-16

Leaving 77-20-25 on the bench. Given we also have an extra defenceman in Kulak and two goalies, that's a 24-man roster.

EDIT: I hadn't caught up with the Janko news yet.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This isn’t a sexy signing, but we needed this player. The only other forward we have who’s going to fill this role is Ferland. Brouwer is not a scrapper, and our roster is still pretty young and while fighting is not prevalent in today’s game you still need someone like Glass that will protect your skilled players from getting abused.

Having Glass’ presence is really why he was signed.

Reactions: Cyrano

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This isn’t a sexy signing, but we needed this player. The only other forward we have who’s going to fill this role is Ferland. Brouwer is not a scrapper, and our roster is still pretty young and while fighting is not prevalent in today’s game you still need someone like Glass that will protect your skilled players from getting abused.

Having Glass’ presence is really why he was signed.
I think Bennett helps in this department too

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I would hope he's not out against McDavid, but if he is, I find it unlikely. The best players in the league generally don't leave themselves open to hits that often.
Yeah true. I just wouldn't be surprised if he wants to make a splash in his debut by doing it

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Most likely he tries, misses and McOverrated then goes and scores.
s3lwY-KHS7Fi1rRjjSAQGoHjnf8=.gif

Fortunately Glass is enough of a veteran that he'll pick his spot. And he's enough of "not a defenseman" that missing won't immediately result in a scoring chance against.

Reactions: Cyrano

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I wonder if Glass is going to try to lay a monster check on McDavid
He took a run at Laine by the benches in the neutral zone, in pre-season. Would not be surprised if he went after him or Draisaitl, given the opportunity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->