Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Rieder, 1 year $700k, 2-way

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The Calgary Flames have signed forward Tobias Rieder to a one-year, two-way contract worth $700,000, according to theScore's John Matisz.
Rieder joined the Flames on a professional tryout ahead of the preseason.
The 26-year-old failed to score a goal in 67 games with the Edmonton Oilers in 2018-19 after signing with them as a free agent last July. Oilers CEO Bob Nicholson openly criticized the German winger after the campaign, telling season-ticket holders that if Reider had "scored 10 or 12 goals, we'd probably be in the playoffs."

Flames sign Rieder to 1-year, 2-way deal worth $700K

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So who is going score first Lucic or Rieder and in which month? LOL

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly, had the Flames acquired Rieder 2 years ago for a 7th rounder and had him signed 700k per, everyone in the league would be buying Vaseline stock. I love this signing.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I see this as Treliving rewarding him for single-handedly keeping the Oilers out of the playoffs last year.
Honestly, had the Flames acquired Rieder 2 years ago for a 7th rounder and had him signed 700k per, everyone in the league would be buying Vaseline stock. I love this signing.
I remember there were even people thinking the Kings robbed the Yotes by trading Darcy Kuemper for Rieder a few years back.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I see this as Treliving rewarding him for single-handedly keeping the Oilers out of the playoffs last year.

I remember there were even people thinking the Kings robbed the Yotes by trading Darcy Kuemper for Rieder a few years back.
That was only 19 months ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad