Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign Defenseman Brady Lyle to a One Year Contract

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames have signed RD. 1-year, 2-way, league minimum. Clearly a move for the Wranglers. Last season he put up 31 points in 51 games for Springfield.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames have signed RD. 1-year, 2-way, league minimum. Clearly a move for the Wranglers. Last season he put up 31 points in 51 games for Springfield.
His name is Brady Lyle, not sure how I missed his name in my post.

Reactions: Boomstick

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
24 years old and in his 3rd year of development in the AHL he put up 31 points in 51 games as Lunatik pointed out.

A good signing as I don't think he is necessarily going to be a career AHL'er. There is some runway left for the kid.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
24 years old and in his 3rd year of development in the AHL he put up 31 points in 51 games as Lunatik pointed out.

A good signing as I don't think he is necessarily going to be a career AHL'er. There is some runway left for the kid.
Some of the things I am reading about the kid are intriguing.

I know his defensive game has holes, but I wonder how physical he is with that frame.

I also wonder about D-pairing w/ the Wranglers since he's now the 2nd RD under contract. I'm guessing something like this...

Poirier - Gilbert
Solovyov - DeSimone
Kuznetsov - Lyle
x - Poolman

I wuld like 1 or 2 more bodies to rotate in and out to cover injuries though.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't get why I keep snickering when I think B. Lyle. WTF is funny about that? Is it Lyle the Crocodile? I dunno.

RD is good. He's got a shot in our org with feel good stories like Gio and Weegar which should keep him motivated. Cool cool. :)

Reactions: Nanuuk and Tofveve

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't get why I keep snickering when I think B. Lyle. WTF is funny about that? Is it Lyle the Crocodile? I dunno.

RD is good. He's got a shot in our org with feel good stories like Gio and Weegar which should keep him motivated. Cool cool. :)

I never trust a guy with two first names.

Can never have too much depth on the backend I guess though.

Reactions: Fig and Ace Rimmer

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

fwiw he did not look good last year in camp. and as bad as blues d was he couldn't get a callup. i would bet on career ahl/european league guy.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bump.

I've been really happy with Lyle thus far. I know it's only a dozen games in, but I really like this signing, especially since he has RFA years left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad