Proposal: Flames should Claim Dana tyrell

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Former 2nd pick, Alberta boy. Has played with jones before so fitting in the team shouldn't be too hard. He's a good depth guy IMO especially with all the injuries happening and no offence to Ben street, because he has played great in the ahl and deserves his shot but if I had the choice, id have tyrell in the lineup over him.

This would be a no risk move that could pay off. Tyrell still has the potential IMO to be a solid 3rd line player. Hopfully a move to his hometown can jump start him. Also I believe the flames are at 48 contracts so we have the contract room and jay feaster is the one who drafted tyrell in Tampa so there's more connection there.

Make it happen feaster!! We are near the bottom of the standings so if feaster wants him he should be ours

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Nemisez does not deserve a call up and depth doesn't hurt. I'd put tyrell in the lineup tonight over comeau, jackman, street or begin

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Also, guy Boucher in Tampa has nothing but good things to say about tyrell. These quotes were from earlier in the season:

"Coming into camp, he had to fight for his spot," Lightning coach Guy Boucher said. "There is a lot of competition right now in the organization, and not only did he have an amazing camp, every time I put him on the ice now in games he's been terrific."

"Labrie would have been great" against the Rangers, Boucher said, "big body, big team. But a guy like (RW Dana) Tyrell has been unbelievable. I hate to make other people pay just so the other one gets a share of the pie. I try to look for some excuse before I do that, but I don't have any."

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
No need to claim a useless forward, he'll probably be comeau 2.0

why not call up horak and develop our players?

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I'd rather not use one of our last 2 contract spots for a possible 3rd liner when we can just call someone up from Abbotsford.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I thought this too when I heard he was on waivers. Guys, injuries are going to start to hurt us. We all complain about not calling up our youth but honestly there will come a time when you have to keep them playing top line minutes in the AHL.

I agree I would dress him before Jackman, Comeau, and Begin. Also considering Feaster may have to make a move for a Center.

Today:
GlenX - Tangs - Iggy
Cervanka - Street - Hudler
Tyrell- Stagan - Stemps
Begin - Jones - Comeau

When everyone is healthy:

Cammy - Tangs - Iggy
Cervanka - Backlund - Hudler
GlenX - Stagan - Stemps
Comeau - Jones - Tyrell.
Begin.

Send Sven to the AHL to play on top line with Horak and Street.

Maybe not the best way to fill a roster spot, but I trust him more to be effective than what we ice right now.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing him if we cut some loose some of the dead weight in our farm system. I hate how the Heat is setup, he would be a decent player to claim but I'm not sure I currently would with only having 2 contract spots left.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I think it would be a slam dunk had we not have had to throw a contract at Taylor just a few days ago. However, I still think there is a distinct possibility that we still put a claim in. He is a very good skater that can kill penalties and chip in offensively from time to time. Essentially he could replace Comeau for half of the cost and also has some upside at the NHL level. He knows his role and works extremely hard.

These situations are why I was not entirely pleased by the Begin signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad