GDT: Flames @ Sharks - 2:00 PM MT - SNW

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
True fans will watch through anything. No matter how bad it is.

I watch hockey to be entertained. When the people who are supposed to provide said entertainment (the players) don't give a crap and have tuned out, there is nothing entertaining about the product they are putting forth.

I like wrestling too, doesn't mean I'm going to waste 5 hours a week watching horrendous WWE programming.

Watching the Flames when they sucked (like 2012-2014) and ended the seasons getting Monahan and Bennett were different, the team wasn't very good because the players suck. Getting Tkachuk too, at least they were entertaining to watch that year, they just could defend and we had horribad goaltending.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There are literally two other posts on the same page that have alluded to why this line of thinking is ridiculous.

But yeah, I'm not a fan because I don't want to waste 3 hours a day, 6 more times watching meaningless hockey.
Fans watch whether the teams wins or loses, whether there are injuries or not.

So yes, if you quit watching, you are simply not a real fan. I don't give two f***s what other useless shit you posted on the subject because real fans support the team through highs and lows.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

So yes, if you quit watching, you are simply not a real fan. I don't give two ****s what other useless **** you posted on the subject because real fans support the team through highs and lows.
Again, this is BS. I love the team, doesn't mean I will blindly support everything they do. There is literally nothing left to look forward to this season. They are playing like crap and they know it. The coach is as good as fired once the last second ticks off the clock in game 82. Our best players are injured. Please tell me why I must subject myself to a subpar product in the name of "proving" that I am as good a fan as you.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
How does supporting a team that is failing thus reinforcing managements poor decision making delineate one as a good fan? Supporting the management team that resulted in one of the most pathetic seasons in franchise history doesn't make you superior it makes you a fool. We need more pragmatism and less optics.

And if I see Troy f'ing Brouwer wearing an A at the start of next season I am going to buy a cheap Brouwer knockoff jersey and chuck it on the ice at puck drop and gladly get banned, f that, I will not watch a team that gives Troy Brouwer an A anymore, my patience is gone.

It's unacceptable on so many levels. It feels like management spitting in all of our faces including the team, that Tkachuk or Johnny don't get an A when Brouwer did was maddening. How in the world can the team buy in when literally the worst player on the team gets an A and prime powerplay minutes, that's a recipe for failure. We need a coaching team that would look at management and say nope, not icing Brouwer, he doesn't get an A, don't care what you do, it's not happening under my watch.

Hathaway or Lazar would have 20 points spending most of the season on the top powerplay line, freaking Tim Jackman had a 23 point season and a better +/- with less opportunity, Tim... Jackman. Chris Butler had a 21 point season on the Buffalo Sabers yet Brouwer got 20 playing with Gaudreau, Monahan and Giordano. Think about that for a second. Brouwer might have had the worst season in Flames history and he got an A, and you want to insinuate we aren't real fans... get real.

Last edited:
Reactions: No Draft

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Again, this is BS. I love the team, doesn't mean I will blindly support everything they do. There is literally nothing left to look forward to this season. They are playing like crap and they know it. The coach is as good as fired once the last second ticks off the clock in game 82. Our best players are injured. Please tell me why I must subject myself to a subpar product in the name of "proving" that I am as good a fan as you.
It's not about proving anything, it's about being one. This is just as bad as those assholes cheering for loses and high draft picks.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

So yes, if you quit watching, you are simply not a real fan. I don't give two ****s what other useless **** you posted on the subject because real fans support the team through highs and lows.
What other useless shit I have posted on the subject? Two other people posted they would not be watching anymore. But you came after me. Hmm I wonder why...

We are all but mathematically eliminated. Some of our best players are injured. We can't even act as spoilers anymore, unless you count the 1 Kings game we have left. We can't even use our position to gauge where we might be drafting in the 1st round this year. We have been outscored 25-6 in our past 5 games because even the players know that it's over.

Don't give me that crap about highs and lows. I was watching all throughout the rebuild because there was something to look forward to. These are glorified exhibition games for us that have no bearing on any moves we make this summer or how we play next season.

Go ahead and be a real fan and watch Nick Shore and Rasmus Andersson play because that's really the only reason I can think of as to why anyone would tune in anymore.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’m not going out of my way to not watch games, yesterday I had an appt at my accountants to do my taxes, I didn’t record the game. And twice this past week I spent time with my daughter doing a puzzle or other things instead having the game on. It’s hard for me to get excited as a fan when I see the effort that is being displayed.

Let’s face it though, anyone on here is probably a cut above your typical fan. I’ve been on here since what, 2006? Made some of my best friends and gone to HF gatherings/draft parties, and I’ll always continue to be a Flames fan (with the Flyers a close 2nd). I just find it hard watching what we’re seeimg. I found the product under Feaster when we were really bad quite a bit more entertaining, which is saying something considering we have far more talent today.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For my part, if the game is on and I'm not busy, I definitely still want to watch it. It sucks how this season has gone down the stretch, but I still get entertainment from cheering for the Flames. I do not think that effort is an issue with either the players nor the front office this year, I think we have guys with good character throughout the organization, so I don't harbour any anger towards the team.

I guess when I watch right now, it's more to see the progression of the young guys than anything else. You want to see what Bennett can do with increased opportunity, and you want to see if Gaudreau can do anything special. Soon there will hopefully be guys called up to get a cup of coffee, and that'll definitely be worth watching. But it's mostly just for entertainment.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I’m very apathetic to the games at this point. I could’ve easily watched yesterday but didn’t bother to turn it on. I still want them to win of course. However, I don’t think the outcomes of the remaining games will have much of an affect on anything so it’s hard to get excited to watch.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Oh, I'll still be watching when I can (and cheering for a win). I don't know if it's because I'm a glutton for punishment or what, but I can't not watch the Flames as long as a game's on if I can. I missed yesterday's game cause I went snowboarding but as soon as I got within cell reception, the first thing I did was check the score.

And Deebz is right. Nobody's actively cheering for them to lose. At least nobody that's not on my ignore list :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Janks

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
For what it's worth, would a bad fan be going to that game? Or any games at all? Because I'll be at that BoA. :P

If you don't give Gulutzan himself a ride to the game, you might as well cheer for the Oilers.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If you are fans, you will always watch if it's available to you but this thing about real fans support the team high and low is bullshit.

If they are good, they get cheer and praises. If they suck, I will sure let them know....after all, they are not doing this for me for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad