GDT: Flames @ Sharks - 2:00 PM MT - SNW

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Hath is going to have a broken hand after that Id figure. All those shots to his helmet.. yikes.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
c2c80ee39934f9264de172edd9055f10--academic-writing-st-louis-cardinals.jpg

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Glad I missed this (was sleeping), but would have missed it anyway if I didn't sleep. Why bother watching anymore, the team has given up completely.

Sucks that we probably won't win another game this season (look who we play lol) when we don't have a first round pick to tank.

By far the worst seasons I've had to watch in the past 15 years.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Glad I missed this (was sleeping), but would have missed it anyway if I didn't sleep. Why bother watching anymore, the team has given up completely.

Sucks that we probably won't win another game this season (look who we play lol) when we don't have a first round pick to tank.

By far the worst seasons I've had to watch in the past 15 years.
Yup. I preferred the rebuild seasons because you at least had the draft to look forward to.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I will give Isles fans credit with all the crap being spewed by Oiler, Canuck and Leaf trolls about the pick I haven't noticed many (any? not sure who everyone is a fan of) Isles fans in those threads trolling or gloating.
we wouldnt, buffalo did it to us after the vanek trade, so we know how we felt. besides when it became evident that Hamonic had to go home to western canada because of his mom, most Isles fans felt that the flames were the one team we thought would appreciate him the most.

its the same with Tavares, none of us want him to go, of course but if he did Id hope it was for a team like calgary, a hard working underdog like us. not the Rangers, Canadiens or Canucks

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I just watched the highlight on the Kane shorthanded goal, what the hell was Gaudreau doing there?

Most of the time even on the dumb plays you can at least kind of understand what the guy was trying to do but I don't see any reason that he just skated past Kane.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Huh, what happened to having our real #1C appear once we stop blocking him with our fake #1C?

#OKGFacts

54.48% CF% for the game, lost 5-1...

We've been a positive Corsi team all year overall. While it's an interesting stat, this year is full proof it's not the be all end all.

Reactions: Cyrano

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
i dont know about the rest of you, but I think Monahan must be hurt worse than we are being told, I think his injury is what cost the flames the playoffs more than anything, well that and Smiths injury....It just seems like Monahan really fell off

Jagr4President

Nov 16, 2017
Calgary
Wow, these last few games have pointed out the the players have just given up on GG and his system. They should call the kids up, bench the vets and let them have some ice for the rest of the season to see who will be ready for next year.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Is it me or has gaudreau not been good lately?

Probably just gave up trying when Monahan was hurt and he was getting no goal support from any other lines.

FFS Treliving, f*** the defense, fix the damn forward group. I didn't hate the Hamonic trade as much as others (I hate the Stone signing more because he is trash and he is in the way of 3 prospects who are all better than him), but trading for Hamonic in the same off-season as you are quoted as saying, "I don't know where the goals are going to come from" is pretty dumb.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
i dont know about the rest of you, but I think Monahan must be hurt worse than we are being told, I think his injury is what cost the flames the playoffs more than anything, well that and Smiths injury....It just seems like Monahan really fell off

Goaltending cost the Flames the playoffs, Smith went down and the rookies when under .500 and Smith came back and has been dogshit in every game sans 1.

You get 1 goalie, you have 12 forwards who should be able to score goals, you can't put blame on Monahan for scoring when he should have 11 others trying to score goals as well.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Goaltending cost the Flames the playoffs, Smith went down and the rookies when under .500 and Smith came back and has been dog**** in every game sans 1.

You get 1 goalie, you have 12 forwards who should be able to score goals, you can't put blame on Monahan for scoring when he should have 11 others trying to score goals as well.

Goaltending after the Smith injury is definitely part of it, but I think Brodie having a down year, combined with Backlund and Froliks offensive totals dropping, with no improvement from Bennett, and Versteeg getting hurt (he helps the PP plus while inconsistent, is a bit more offensively creative) and Jankowski in his first season, it was the stuff adding up.

If Jankowski improves next year, that Will help a ton

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Season can't end soon enough, sick of watching this crap.

Dress some goons and go down swinging.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This was not a good game, no hassle, no emotion, no nothing. Watching the Leafs play the Red Wings and you can see the Leafs busting their asses very hard, that is what a good coach will do for you, please for the love of God go after Coach Q(if available) or Darryl Sutter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad