Bitey Burrows - O'Brien - Gaborik

Claesson - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Borowiecki - Chabot

Condon (unconfirmed)​

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Derek Wills@Fan960Wills
Mike Smith is looking more comfortable and quicker in his movements today. He’s also taking the vast majority of shots at the opposite end of David Rittich. Starting to wonder if he’ll dress vs. #Senators tonight...
9:42 AM - Mar 9, 2018 · Ottawa, Ontario

Wes Gilbertson @WesGilbertson
#Flames sticking with same lines and defence pairings after win in Buffalo.

If he isn't starting why would they dress Smith?

Seems like the dumbest plan of all the options. Most likely he sits on the bench all game in which case why not have Gillies do that and give Smith the extra time off or he gets in middle of the game and has a half-assed warm-up to get ready. I am no doctor but doesn't that situation seem like the most likely scenario for him to get injured again?

Sit him until he is 100% ready to start and then bring him back. No need for him to be the back-up over Gillies.

Also, I know we won last game (thanks Sabres) but seeing those same lines again is still depressing.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
If he isn't starting why would they dress Smith?

Seems like the dumbest plan of all the options. Most likely he sits on the bench all game in which case why not have Gillies do that and give Smith the extra time off or he gets in middle of the game and has a half-assed warm-up to get ready. I am no doctor but doesn't that situation seem like the most likely scenario for him to get injured again?

Sit him until he is 100% ready to start and then bring him back. No need for him to be the back-up over Gillies.

Also, I know we won last game (thanks Sabres) but seeing those same lines again is still depressing.

How the hell is that depressing? That was probably our most dominant game all season long :laugh:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Didn't the Sens just play yesterday at home? Don't think I've heard of a home back-to-back before. Regardless it's all the more reason they should win comfortably

Reactions: Sk8M8

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
How the hell is that depressing? That was probably our most dominant game all season long :laugh:

Yep, honestly it was probably their best game over the last few years. They were talking about this on the radio and I fully agree. The Sabres had THREE scoring chances 5 on 5, that is insane.

Also, Flams, do your hockey thing.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Well the domination had a lot more to do with the opponent than Stajan, Brouwer or Hathaway.

If we can dominate with those plugs in the line-up think of how much more dominant we will be when they are replaced by the much better players sitting out.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He should retire the game after. Honestly, it would be classy by both him and the Flames.
This would mean, or at least it would imply, that the Flames, or Stajan himself, don't believe that him being in the lineup is best for the team, and put him in every game anyway in spite of our playoff lives hanging in the balance. Even if that's even partially true, that's absolutely not the message that you want to be sending to the team and to the fans right now.

If they've kept him in the lineup all season, they have to stand by that as being the best thing for the team. It would be an embarrassing situation otherwise.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Well the domination had a lot more to do with the opponent than Stajan, Brouwer or Hathaway.

If we can dominate with those plugs in the line-up think of how much more dominant we will be when they are replaced by the much better players sitting out.
Brouwer's been pulling his weight just fine for a good while now IMO. Certainly not deserving of a press box demotion.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Brouwer's been pulling his weight just fine for a good while now IMO. Certainly not deserving of a press box demotion.

I disagree, although a lot of that is not his fault and more GG using him in spots he should not be.

Maybe if he was just a 4th line 5-10 minute a night guy he wouldn't stand out so much but watching him suck on the PK and PP and then look lost when playing with the top line or 3rd line makes him stand out like a sore thumb.

Reactions: Karri Ramone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad