Recalled/Assigned: Flames Recall Mangiapane

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Perhaps, but there are exceptions, of course. Gulutzan was the coach as Jankowski turned into one of the more relied-upon centres. Janko essentially saw fourth-line usage in his first few games, and now he plays PP, PK, 4-on-4 and 3-on-3. Also he plays 5-on-5 sometimes.

Yes and that was/is a terrible decision by him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Maybe instead of trying to drag the conversation back into that, you could just acknowledge that the principle is relevant here.

I think that took a few games or more to happen so as it relates to what we are talking about I expect it to be Brouwer who moves up over Mangiapane.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If you think that was a terrible decision, I would hate to see what you think a good one might be.

Sitting 1 (preferably all 3) of Stajan, Brouwer, Jagr.

Replacing Bartkowski with Kulak and Kulak with Wotherspoon.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
It may be with a bunch of scrubs but it's still about damned time. If Mangiapane plays well he should get opportunities to move up; at least he's actually in the lineup.

Now if Gulutzan could only go back to scratching Stajan

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I would like to see the AHL top line reunted

Mangiapane - Jankowski - Hathaway

then see the 2014 Young Stars top line reunited

Gaudreau - Bennett - Ferland

then see a shooter added to the shtdown line

Tkachuk - Backlund - Monahan

finally when healthy:

Frolik - Hrivik - Jagr

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good for him. At least this kid can shoot. Maybe he'll light a fire under Stajan and Brouwer. I mean if that's a thing that could conceivably happen.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Tkachuk-Monahan-Jagr
Bennett-Backlund-Gaudreau
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Hathaway
Ferland-Stajan-Frolik(IR)/Lazar

One of Tkachuk, Monahan, Gaudreau, Backlund or Bennett needs to move to RW

This would get you two good scoring lines a maybe good third scoring line, and the 4th line would be non garbage once Frolik is back

Why Backlund of all players? Bennett won't go back to C, and that would leave Jankowski and Stajan/Lazar as the #2/3

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Why Backlund of all players? Bennett won't go back to C, and that would leave Jankowski and Stajan/Lazar as the #2/3

Backlund makes the least sense of the bunch but someone has to move and I doubt it will be Monahan or Gaudreau knowing the coach

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
So is this guy going to get more than 7 minutes on the 4th line now with Jagr out??? Doesn't make any sense to play him there, that's just a way to ruin undersized scoring forwards TBH.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
So is this guy going to get more than 7 minutes on the 4th line now with Jagr out??? Doesn't make any sense to play him there, that's just a way to ruin undersized scoring forwards TBH.

Agreed. But if he plays well enough see him getting moved up. Maybe even with Gaudreau/Monahan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad