GDT: Flames play the Hurricanes, (7:00) get it while you can, this is the last game for 10 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Nice to get a W going into the break. Strange game. Canes had the edge in territorial play, but the Flames had quite a bit of quality chances, but just couldn't get them to go. Rittich had a strong game, as did Mrazek. Time for the Flames to rest, heal up and get ready for a big stretch drive! Big 2 points!

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Finally all tied up for games played with Vegas and with the win we are now 9 points up on them.

Butthole Sharks tied it with a :eek::eek::eek::eek: hair of a second left in their game and won it in OT, but we still have a game in hand and are currently 6 points up now. Sharks are still hanging around, but the Flames are starting to finally break away with the division lead.

20 games above faux .500 (15 above total .500 if counting OT losses). Nice.jpeg Tampa has games in hand, but we're only 5 points behind them now for the President's Trophy.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Honestly I thought the Flames were the better team tonight. Carolina just sorta chilled around the outside and didn't make Rittich make many good saves.

Mrazek was the reason it was close.

I am seriously impressed the the hustle of pretty much everyone on the Canes. If they could add some skill they'd be really dangerous. I thought Dougie was great, still miss him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I really don't think the shots on goal reflects the play by the Flames. The Canes were really checking them tight and the Flames still managed to get a number of high danger shot on Mrazek. Mrazek was the best player for the Canes as far as I was concerned.
Sure the Flames weren't as sharp as they usually are but I think thats a result of the Canes strong defensive play.

Nope. I'm ok with the way the Flames played tonight. I've seen them play a hell of a lot worse.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think they wanted to gift their friends on the Canes a point.

Pathetic effort but glad we got the win.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
The only decision that I’m not liking that Peters makes on a regular basis is having the top line out to defend a one goal lead with the opponents net empty...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The only decision that I’m not liking that Peters makes on a regular basis is having the top line out to defend a one goal lead with the opponents net empty...

And get Tkachuk away from Bennett...it's not working

I thought Neal and Bennett was working...not sure why he made the change

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
And get Tkachuk away from Bennett...it's not working

I thought Neal and Bennett was working...not sure why he made the change

I’m willing to give that experiment a bit more legs... I did like the chances that fro/backs/Neal were generating. Neal had like 3 tap ins hahaha. They have to start going in eventually right???

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Honestly I thought the Flames were the better team tonight. Carolina just sorta chilled around the outside and didn't make Rittich make many good saves.

Mrazek was the reason it was close.

I am seriously impressed the the hustle of pretty much everyone on the Canes. If they could add some skill they'd be really dangerous. I thought Dougie was great, still miss him.

Agreed I’d say of the 10 best scoring chances in the game, the Flames has about 7 of them.

Neal with a mind boggling miss, Johnny getting stuffed by the post, Meazek stole a few.

The game was closer then the shot clock indicated.

Last edited:

DubeWheresMyCar

Sep 26, 2018
Love the way that Rittich lit out from his net like a house on fire after Backlund scored, to join the celebration. The guy just loves it when the Flames win and is pissed when he loses.

Please if there is video out there of this, someone please post it!

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
How I imagine Brad watches the team he’s assembled

35C0C768-8549-46E2-8443-776A0EBDED1A.gif

Also how I watch them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad