Flames Ownership Not Paying Part-Time Staff During Suspended Season (Update: They Now Are)

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Also, I’d love to be a fly on the wall and hear how bad the guys rib Mony for doing 4K instead of 5 :laugh: nothing against it personally but the guys will give it to him for sure

Reactions: Basko34

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Murray Edwards is a disgusting ugly sad pile of shit. I’m all for the rich getting rich, but being a tax evading rat f***head makes my spin chill. I love this country , Edwards clearly doesn’t, so he should move to his new f***ing homeland of England and don’t come back you f***ing rabbit. Won’t be giving the team a penny anytime soon for sure.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
What a disgusting story. The Flames get hundreds of millions from us hopelessly overtaxed residents and then fail to step up when it counts. They have to be shamed into doing the right thing.

As far as I'm concerned they don't deserve a cent from us and they sure as hell don't deserve the free arena they're getting from us. The wretches can leave. Let them move to Quebec City and let the PQ deal with them.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I feel like we should compile a list of players that have contributed to the GoFundMe for this, because those are definitely some guys that should get acknowledged and applauded (even if their on ice performance hasn't been the best).

Rittich, Gio, Brodie, Hanifin, Hamonic, Mangiapane, Lucic, Dube, Rinaldo, Jankowski, Bennett, Backlund, Tkachuk, Monahan.

Lucic, Rinaldo, Gio, Monahan, and Bennett were the first players to contribute (within the first 2 hours of the fundraiser starting).

Overall, that's 14 of our players contributing (of which Rinaldo is the only one there not even a regular).

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Lucic, Rinaldo, Gio, Monahan, and Bennett were the first players to contribute (within the first 2 hours of the fundraiser starting).

Brodie was among the first group of guys to donate. Monahan came a later.

Jett Woo is also on that list. He's a Canucks prospect, but he plays for the Hitmen.

Not a player, but Ryan Leslie's on that list too and the boys sure treat him like he's part of the team.

Last edited:

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I feel like we should compile a list of players that have contributed to the GoFundMe for this, because those are definitely some guys that should get acknowledged and applauded (even if their on ice performance hasn't been the best).

Rittich, Gio, Brodie, Hanifin, Hamonic, Mangiapane, Lucic, Dube, Rinaldo, Jankowski, Bennett, Backlund, Tkachuk, Monahan.

Overall, that's 14 of our players contributing (of which Rinaldo is the only one there not even a regular).
Fitting, since csec basically told the employees to gofund themselves... Stay classy CSEC

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
What a disgusting story. The Flames get hundreds of millions from us hopelessly overtaxed residents and then fail to step up when it counts. They have to be shamed into doing the right thing.

As far as I'm concerned they don't deserve a cent from us and they sure as hell don't deserve the free arena they're getting from us. The wretches can leave. Let them move to Quebec City and let the PQ deal with them.

The Flames right the ship and you guys DON'T stop. Talk about pathetic. I am sure all of you have had lapses in your judgement.

CSES is doing the right thing now despite making the wrong first step. Are you holding city hall to account over all the workers not getting hours starting tomorrow?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The Flames right the ship and you guys DON'T stop. Talk about pathetic. I am sure all of you have had lapses in your judgement.

CSES is doing the right thing now despite making the wrong first step. Are you holding city hall to account over all the workers not getting hours starting tomorrow?

People will stop demanding the morale high ground when these rats stop demanding money to fund their shit and threatening their OWN fans and city.

I know one thing, I wont give a penny anytime soon to the shitheads who run this team. The culture of mediocrity is bad enough, but it’s telling how they reacted when things got rough. They can all f*** themselves.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Absolutely because they came to that realization all by themselves after sober second thought.

Public admonishment had nothing to do with it. At all.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016

I wouldn't call it righting the ship, more full reverse but they torpedoed themselves first.

Aug 3, 2010

You are one blind corporate shill and I'm the one who works there.

The PR fallout that they are facing is well-deserved and nothing more.

Reactions: Calculon

Nightrain

Nov 4, 2009
Calgary
I'm thinking the owners have lost close to a billion in net worth in the last month so I think we are in for a rough ride as flames fans.
Get used to complaining folks.

Reactions: Tofveve

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
As was stated, Florida and Pitts are being paid by the players because the owners wont.
Wrong. The Penguins owners and players are paying for their staff, mainly Mario Lemieux, Ron Burkle and Sidney Crosby. Both owners are using their personal charities to do it, but made the choice to pay their staff.

“The ushers, ticket takers, concession workers, cleaning staff and other arena workers are the backbone of a Penguins hockey game at PPG Paints Arena, and a big part of the Penguins’ family,” said David Morehouse, the team’s president and CEO, in a release. “Our owners, Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle, and our players, led by Sidney Crosby, thought it was essential to help them through this. We have come together to ensure that they will not lose pay because of the pause in our season.”

Pittsburgh Penguins To Pay Arena Employees For Games Missed Due To Coronavirus Outbreak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad