Flames order Players Back????

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
This Article is from hockeyfans.at an Austrian Site.. i wonder that no one here talked about that.. or I didn't see it ?????

The Article Says that the Flames order all Players Back..sources should be good and have near contact to the NHL and also Scouts should say that..

What do you mean?

Calgary Flames beordern alle Spieler zurück

Wie Hockeyfans.at heute berichtete, scheinen sich in Europa die Anzeichen zu mehren, dass die Lockoutspieler aus der NHL schon bald doch noch in eine Saison 2005 starten werden. Neben Gerüchten aus Schweden gibt es nun Meldungen, wonach die Calgary Flames alle Spieler zurückbeordert haben.

Es tut sich was in Sachen Lockout. Betrachtet man die letzten Stunden und die Entwicklungen in Europa, so könnte das Unmögliche doch noch möglich werden: eine NHL Saison!

Bereits am heutigen Nachmittag berichtete Hockeyfans.at über Gerüchte aus Schweden, wonach die NHL Vereine ihre Teams für 3. Februar nach Nordamerika bestellt hätten. Nun gibt es eine zweite Quelle, die dies bestätigt.

Demnach haben die Calgary Flames heute alle ihre Spieler nach Kanada zurückbeordert - normaler Weise ein klares Indiz dafür, dass man vor einem Saisonbeginn steht! Die Informationen stammen aus sehr gut informierten Kreisen, die direkte Kontakte zu NHL Vereinen haben und teilweise sogar als Scouts in Europa fungieren.

Die NHL und die Spielergewerkschaft NHLPA werden sich indes heute Nacht noch einmal in New York zu Gesprächen treffen. Die Inhalte sind noch nicht bekannt, den Fans bleibt die Hoffnung, dass man doch noch eine NHL Saison zu sehen bekommt, auch wenn dies Auswirkungen auf die europäischen Ligen und auch die WM in Österreich haben wird!

http://www.hockeyfans.at/c.php?c=6&op=news&nid=15015

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Interesting...

On one afternoon drive time Sports talk show here in Nashville, a guy called in saying his girlfriend in Russia e-mailed him that the NHL players there had all quit their teams yesterday. NOTE: I am JUST QUOTING THE CALLER, I have NO PROOF and can't vouch for this source in ANY WAY!

B-MEL

Mar 25, 2002
La Habra, CA
Visit site
I will not doubt any reports about players quitting their Euro Teams, BUT.. The Teams cannot "officially" Order any players to do anything, UNTIL there is a signed CBA.

Agents could be informed by teams, that a deal is done and the agents can call their players, BUT, (again) The Euro teams will NOT release NHL players until the CBA is signed. The NHL Players out clauses for their Euro contracts, is a SIGNED CBA!!!

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
This falls into the "ordered new equipment" or "told players to be on standby."

Geez, it is getting tough to sort the B.S. from the real news. :banghead:

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
One way or the other, the lockout needs to end very soon or all of us on the HF boards will become certifiably insane :help:

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
nomorekids said:
I was thinking the same thing ;)
Guys, don't flame me, I went to great lengths to make it plain that the source is unreliable hearsay at best. But I just thought it was interesting to read this post after what I had heard.
My intent was NOT to raise false hopes, and as much as I would like to beleive it, it will take a lot more than these isolated rumors to make me believe it...

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
cbjfan said:
One way or the other, the lockout needs to end very soon or all of us on the HF boards will become certifiably insane :help:

Oh I think you could argue that it's already happened to some... those of whom shall remain nameless... and ignored by a large portion of the board... :joker:

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
Some doesn't seem that the most of you believe in that..

I don't believe it too.. because i think i would have read it first here...and not on an austrian page.. ;)

MattNJD

Oct 21, 2002
New Jersey
slats432 said:
This falls into the "ordered new equipment" or "told players to be on standby."

Geez, it is getting tough to sort the B.S. from the real news. :banghead:

Gotta agree. I've gotten my hope up too many time on stories like these only be to let down. However, my optimism still remains!!

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
coyotechrisz said:
Some doesn't seem that the most of you believe in that..

I don't believe it too.. because i think i would have read it first here...and not on an austrian page.. ;)
I think you're right about that! :)

Thanks for sharing, but as someone pointed out, until the deal is actually done, no one in the League can "order" the players to do anything, so this is very doubtful

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
MattNJD said:
Gotta agree. I've gotten my hope up too many time on stories like these only be to let down. However, my optimism still remains!!

Isn't it odd how after all the letdowns over the last couple weeks, and no matter how much one tries to say "I'm not getting my hopes up" it never fails and we are all still getting our hopes up and still have faith the deal will be worked out?

Hopefully I will be changing my vacation planned in March from going to Cali to somewhere in the NE to see the habs!

GO HABS GO :yo:

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
Sotnos said:
I think you're right about that! :)

Thanks for sharing, but as someone pointed out, until the deal is actually done, no one in the League can "order" the players to do anything, so this is very doubtful

Ok thx also for the "good" replies ! Nice that some people also answer this questions from abroad ;)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
BUT, (again) The Euro teams will NOT release NHL players until the CBA is signed. The NHL Players out clauses for their Euro contracts, is a SIGNED CBA!!!

eh, i think more than one player has just left their team

i'm under the impression it's not nearly as "iron clad" as you make it out to be. the players don't really care, they'll ditch the euro teams and go wherever they want

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
IIRC, the deadline for Europeon teams to freeze their rosters is only a few days away, so that might have somthing to do with any nhl players leaving at this time.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
barnburner said:
IIRC, the deadline for Europeon teams to freeze their rosters is only a few days away, so that might have somthing to do with any nhl players leaving at this time.

which also necessitates that the deal be done before that deadline passes.

this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad