Flames on-ice jersey question

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Hey, all:
I was wondering if anyone could confirm for me what the actual on-ice style is for the current (Adidas) jerseys.

Do they stack the numbers (stitch layers of the numbers together, then stitch that ONCE to the jersey), or do they stitch all layers THROUGH one another and into the jersey?

Do they layer the letters (full size numbers for each layer) or a KISS cut (the outlines are just that -- portions of the numbers)?

Thank you so much for the confirmation.

PS The nameplates are mesh (/same as the rest of the jersey) material, correct?

I'm familiar with other teams' processes but not as much for the Flames.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
FYI: Here is an example of stacked vs KISS cut:
34nnpli.png

I don't have quite enough detail from this photo to tell:
wire-1668272-1509951000-654_634x470.jpg

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
You might be better off asking on CP or the Flames subreddit. The population here is one of the lowest on hfboards.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
You might be better off asking on CP or the Flames subreddit. The population here is one of the lowest on hfboards.

Thanks. I wound up finding a way to get an Adidas jersey to the on-ice customizer for the Flames (Great Plains Cresting, in case anyone is looking in the future). I'm hopeful they'll get it right. :)

I do believe that stacked is the way they go, though I still haven't found a definitive shot.

Should have it in about 3 weeks or so.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Thanks. I wound up finding a way to get an Adidas jersey to the on-ice customizer for the Flames (Great Plains Cresting, in case anyone is looking in the future). I'm hopeful they'll get it right. :)

I do believe that stacked is the way they go, though I still haven't found a definitive shot.

Should have it in about 3 weeks or so.

I’d love to have a jersey with that Great Plains patch as the crest. If you could PM me info on how to acquire that’d be awesome!

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I’d love to have a jersey with that Great Plains patch as the crest. If you could PM me info on how to acquire that’d be awesome!

Sorry if I was unclear earlier: There is a business called "Great Plains Cresting", and that business handles the on-ice customization for the Flames.

Going with the actual team's on-ice customization always yields the best results (most accurate). Other shops can sometimes come very, very close, but it is often not exact. Whether the small details matter to a person or not is another matter.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Most, if not all, local places that send jerseys away for cresting send it to Great Plains anyways. I'm pretty sure the cresting kits that the Fanatic uses at the Dome even come from there too.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Most, if not all, local places that send jerseys away for cresting send it to Great Plains anyways. I'm pretty sure the cresting kits that the Fanatic uses at the Dome even come from there too.

Yes, but it wasn't so easy for me to find this as I'm out of the area -- let alone to make the purchase, get the work done, add a patch, and ship back to me.

Also, just because one buys the kits from the on-ice customizer doesn't mean that it is done to the same standard. I've seen jerseys done at Madison Square Garden that are really sub-par (for the price). Most in-rink customization is heat transfer rather than embroidery. This is particularly true for doing a customized order prior to a game / in real-time. Not sure how it is at the Dome, though.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yes, but it wasn't so easy for me to find this as I'm out of the area -- let alone to make the purchase, get the work done, add a patch, and ship back to me.

Also, just because one buys the kits from the on-ice customizer doesn't mean that it is done to the same standard. I've seen jerseys done at Madison Square Garden that are really sub-par (for the price). Most in-rink customization is heat transfer rather than embroidery. This is particularly true for doing a customized order prior to a game / in real-time. Not sure how it is at the Dome, though.

Yeah, it's the same as at the Dome. Any of the cresting you're doing prior to the game are the cheaper pre-made heat transfer kits. If you want the quality cresting, you gotta send your jersey away like you did. Great Plain's website actually has some helpful descriptions on the different levels of cresting they do depending on what you're looking for, but I'm sure you've seen that already since you've been in contact with them. I've heard nothing but good things from them so I hope they're able to get what you're looking for.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah, it's the same as at the Dome. Any of the cresting you're doing prior to the game are the cheaper pre-made heat transfer kits. If you want the quality cresting, you gotta send your jersey away like you did. Great Plain's website actually has some helpful descriptions on the different levels of cresting they do depending on what you're looking for, but I'm sure you've seen that already since you've been in contact with them. I've heard nothing but good things from them so I hope they're able to get what you're looking for.

I'm hopeful.

I am not dealing with GPC directly, so I can only hope that my wishes are passed along. The charge was $110 (an extra $10 for sewing on a sleeve patch), and I requested on-ice standards.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
On a related note... does anyone know a source for a reasonably priced youth jersey (L/XL) with a player's name? Decal and/or heat transfer is OK.

I see a Reebok Premier jersey on the Fan Attic site for $99, but customization is $100. I imagine this is going to GPC for embroidery. That's a bit of overkill.

(Looking for a youth 68/Jagr, if that matters. Wonder if anyone local has seen some pre-customized versions of these.)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sorry if I was unclear earlier: There is a business called "Great Plains Cresting", and that business handles the on-ice customization for the Flames.

Going with the actual team's on-ice customization always yields the best results (most accurate). Other shops can sometimes come very, very close, but it is often not exact. Whether the small details matter to a person or not is another matter.

Oh, I misunderstood you. I took the business name to mean this:
7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->