Pre-Game Talk: Flames @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
We get our ass kicked and the fanbase goes into meltdown.

Also, how dare you make this thread a day early... I was going to do that!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The battle for the right to select lafrenier starts at the end of this game

I am ready if we lose this game. Lafrenier'd look nice on flames jerseys

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If we lose I burn all of HF to the ground. If we win I burn Edmonton to the ground.

Seriously though, don't lose.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
McDavid is a shrinking violet in physical games and it's surprisingly easy to get in his head if you can catch him. Rattle him early and we win the game.

Kylington better be in

Edit: This will also be a litmus test as to whether Ward can get his team prepared for big games. The stakes are lower than a playoff game but if they come out flat like they did in the Gully era, it won't bode well for him

Last edited:
Reactions: Foo Fighter

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Flames coming off a break against a team that hates us featuring the best player in the league and a pair of former Flames from last year with something to prove... yeah what a fun time this’ll be lol

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flames coming off a break against a team that hates us featuring the best player in the league and a pair of former Flames from last year with something to prove... yeah what a fun time this’ll be lol
I hope they play Smith

Last edited:
Reactions: Foo Fighter

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
We get our ass kicked and the fanbase goes into meltdown.

Also, how dare you make this thread a day early... I was going to do that!

Yeah well u didn’t nerd

McDavid is a shrinking violet in physical games and it's surprisingly easy to get in his head if you can catch him. Rattle him early and we win the game.

Kylington better be in

Edit: This will also be a litmus test as to whether Ward can get his team prepared for big games. The stakes are lower than a playoff game but if they come out flat like they did in the Gully era, it won't bode well for him

Yup I see it this way as well. I think it’s a pretty big game for Ward. If he wins I will have a lot more faith in him going forward. It’s gonna be a tight shitty game with Tippett at the helm, and it’s in Edmonton so yeugh.

NoMoSnow

Apr 13, 2018
Las Vegas
Backs poke checks McDavid at our blue line and proceeds to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge through the entire Oiler lineup to produce a breakaway where he shoots high and wide. Smith stick handles the puck into his own net for the game winner. Glorious.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think the Flames will go nuts for the rest of the month and January up to the All Star Break. Then after the ASB they stay on the Jan tear breaking from tradition.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Flames lay an egg, Mark Spector writes an article proclaiming that this is the beginning of the Oilers' dynasty, each team goes on opposite 7-game streaks immediately after and the internet collectively points and laughs at him.
Mark Spector and Gene Principe start planning a parade and simply gush over all things Oilers.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
In the spirit of Christmas and then Holidays, I will put away my hatred for the team up north.

I hope we have a fun and exciting game toni.... yeah right... f*** the oilers.

GO FLAMES GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad