Flames Officially Eliminated from Playoff Contention

Thndrstruck

Sep 3, 2011
Calgary
Let's not pretend like most teams don't do this. It's hardly a phenomenon for teams to win games with the pressure off. Hell even Buffalo has been winning games lately
Yeah but the Flames are really known for it. Probably one of the reasons we've never had a first overall draft pick. Even with the bad teams of the late 90s early 2000s.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah but the Flames are really known for it. Probably one of the reasons we've never had a first overall draft pick. Even with the bad teams of the late 90s early 2000s.
This is a load of shit because the Flames have never played enough games after being eliminated to be "known for it"

Reactions: Nanuuk

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Lots of bitterness going on on various 'fan' sites. To me the Flames did their job by keeping me occupied during a covid winter. Would I have liked them to be in the play-offs? Hell ya. Would I have liked them to be world-beaters? Yep.

Bottom line it was a bad season in a bad year. Is the team that bad? No. Not on paper at any rate. Should we re-build? No. It's not necessary. Are their missing pieces? There certainly is.

Before I retired I worked as part of a large team that re-engineered business processes. To get there, you had to map current state vs future state to identify gaps and then take steps to mitigate those gaps. I'm pretty sure Coach Sutter knows what future state (in terms of style and play) looks like and I'm pretty sure Tre knows this. And this will guide any player movements he will look at. If Sutter feels that he can get more out of the core maybe we won't see major moves in terms of subtractions.

So to a certain degree we will see out with the old and in with the new as a 'new' team is molded to work within the structure Sutter sets.

I can hardly wait for next season. In the meantime, I'll be spending more time outdoors and less time in my easy chair watching hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad