Flames NHL 19 ratings

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Interesting info:

-7 Elite rated players on our team, including 4 d-man (Brodie and Hamonic should be high top 4 in my opinion), but giordano should be medium instead of low

-Hanifin same rating as Hamilton (don't agree with this).

-Bennett stock has dropped like a rock (low top 6, which seems about right).

-Lazar is rated higher than Bennett (which is dumb).

-Gaudreau drops from high Elite to medium elite (should be high Elite or Low franchise imo).

-Smith is 86 overall; so hopefully he plays as such

-Gillies is considered the backup (even though it looks like Rittich will be).

Solid team on paper... now let's see how it holds up.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Meh, I agree with Bennett dropping. He has not been good. Disagree with Tkachuk only having medium potential, and both Brodie and Hamonic should not be "elite".

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I didn't, did it change for the better? I remember stick checking was pretty OP and just overall player behavior in the game sucked.

Like mentioned they fixed the skating, but the gameplay is still unbelievably broken.

What else is new from EA, I gave up after NHL 15 when they had a year break for the new consoles and came back with a piece of shit game. Bought 16 on sale and it was the same trash. Played the beta for this upcoming one, still garbage at it's finest.

Don't even get me started on player ratings, Tkachuk an 83? Lazar higher rated than Bennett? I've seen the detailed stats and Bennett's stats are a joke, he is one of if not the best pound for pound fighter in the league and his fighting is a 65 while Virtanen is a 75. Bennett's physical stats are 80-81, Virtanan's are 87-89. EA has gone full Pejorative Slur.

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
I think I'm gonna skip this year. Same bull**** gameplay left unfixed.

Played the beta? Gameplay feels and plays alot differently. Smooth skating, better hitting, and people will have to ease down on the poke spam. I skipped 18 but truly enjoyed the 19 beta.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
The poke has been made too useless. Too many tripping calls. It can be really hard to defend. I get the low skill in that stat players getting called for tripping, but Hamonic has a 90 stick checking skill, and every time I use him basically the other player swan dive trips and it's a penalty

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The poke has been made too useless. Too many tripping calls. It can be really hard to defend. I get the low skill in that stat players getting called for tripping, but Hamonic has a 90 stick checking skill, and every time I use him basically the other player swan dive trips and it's a penalty
I think it could be a good thing, but I need more time to wait and see. I feel like it's going to be like the slashing crackdown in the NHL. Everyone in the NHL thought it was excessive, but from an outsider perspective it was easy to see how that was just a result of how subconscious that particular illegal play had become for NHL players. I think given time, we as players will get used to it, and find that the problem really was us.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It's nigh impossible to take the puck off anyone now. Pokecheck is beyond useless, it is just penalty after penalty, stick lift hasn't worked in years, checking doesn't work unless you blow a guy up usually you just rub off him and he skates away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->