Dreger: Flames looking for 1st round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
IF they move into the first round, I only see them doing it for a top 8 pick. Chia would have to offer something insane for us to trade Hamilton to them (which is very possible) so 10OA is not likely.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jarmo is always looking to move back, wouldn't be surprised if he's looking to see what he can get for #18.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
For philly. He was traded to Calgary for one 1st and two 2nds.

This two 1sts and a player worth at least a 1st and 2nd.

His value shouldn’t really be above two 1sts.

To be fair though, when the Bruins traded Hamilton, the Flames signed him to a high contract that isn't high anymore. Adding a RH defenseman with term like Hamilton to Provorov, Ghost, Myers and Sanheim, would make the Flyers blue line scary. Plus they still have pick 14 to draft a forward.

I think the Flyers would part with Simmonds, 19 and 50 for Hamilton with term.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
To be fair though, when the Bruins traded Hamilton, the Flames signed him to a high contract that isn't high anymore. Adding a RH defenseman with term like Hamilton to Provorov, Ghost, Myers and Sanheim, would make the Flyers blue line scary. Plus they still have pick 14 to draft a forward.

I would also do that deal.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
For philly. He was traded to Calgary for one 1st and two 2nds.

This two 1sts and a player worth at least a 1st and 2nd.

His value shouldn’t really be above two 1sts.

A 25 year old 1st pairing RHD under contract at an AAV of 5.75 for three more years who just set career highs two years in a row is definitely worth more than two mid firsts. He's an elite defenceman by every measure, also tied the league lead for goals from the blue line. The only and I do mean only acceptable return would be a proven top line forward of similar age and contract status, and even then I'd want a 1st or 2nd attached to him depending on who the player might be.

Would much prefer the Flames just keep him and solve their forward issues in some other way. The Flames don't need to trade Hamilton at all, Treliving should be asking for the moon because if it's anything less than that he's just signed his own pink slip.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space

Hahahaha

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
TO CAL
- Simmonds
- 19th overall (1st rnd)
- 50th overall (2nd rnd)

TO PHI
- Hamilton

This doesn't help us at all. Simmonds is a pending UFA in 2019. Hell no.

Sanheim + Simmonds + 19th OA for Hamilton and a small add would have me thinking. You've got to overpay for someone like Hamilton.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
A 25 year old 1st pairing RHD under contract at an AAV of 5.75 for three more years who just set career highs two years in a row is definitely worth more than two mid firsts. He's an elite defenceman by every measure, also tied the league lead for goals from the blue line. The only and I do mean only acceptable return would be a proven top line forward of similar age and contract status, and even then I'd want a 1st or 2nd attached to him depending on who the player might be.

Would much prefer the Flames just keep him and solve their forward issues in some other way. The Flames don't need to trade Hamilton at all, Treliving should be asking for the moon because if it's anything less than that he's just signed his own pink slip.

Good luck with that. Boston and everyone else thought his value was higher than you guys paid for him. It was considered well off what everyone thought. There are desperate teams out there that would overpay but a 1st, 2nd, and Wayne Simmonds is big return.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
If Fox would agree to sign today with Detroit, i'd part with 30th

Value of unsigned Fox is higher than 30. He's closer to 6th than 30th once signed.

10 + Pulju for Hamilton.

Do it Treliving, you know you want to.

No thanks. Pulju is an interesting piece, but we can't give up a first pairing D man for anything other than a guaranteed first line forward

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Good luck with that. Boston and everyone else thought his value was higher than you guys paid for him. It was considered well off what everyone thought. There are desperate teams out there that would overpay but a 1st, 2nd, and Wayne Simmonds is big return.
And it was known that boston has better offers and lots of teams didnt even know hamilton was available at the time

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Agreed. I hate the idea of trading Hamilton. He's our future #1.

If he is traded it has to be a for legit top line RW that is young and on a good contract. Splitting up Hamilton's value into a bunch of lesser parts is just straight up bad asset management.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

What? Everyone thought at the time of the trade that it was a straight up win for the Flames, and clearly it was.

Besides that, what Hamilton's value was over two years ago has absolutely nothing to do with his value today. Today he is a top pairing defender with size, an incredible cap hit, and an ever evolving all around game.

You start with Konecny and add from there. A declining UFA to be in Wayne Simmonds will absolutely not be the starting point in any Hamilton trade negotiations.

Reactions: Bounces R Way
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->