GDT: Flames look to continue Honda Centre win streak. 8pm MT on SNW

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Are we allowed to complain now or is that still stupid because the team is just "unlucky"?

Reactions: lightstorm

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Can we now start discussing what needs to happen with this team? There's **** all going on.
They can't score, they have no heart... they're ****ing garbage.

I think the only move, and it isn't just because I think he is terrible, is fire the coach.

They have made a big trade (or 2 depending on how you view Smith) to bring in help for the dressing room. Hockey deals rarely happen anymore especially mid-season so that option is likely out. With the 1st gone it is hard to see them doing a retool and moving out a big name to shake things up although that is a poor way to make decisions.

I think the reality has to start to sink in that this group isn't good enough and it is hard to see how it will take that next step in the next 3-4 years. I do not envy Treliving because I do not see a clear obvious way forward. The roster seems ok on paper, there is certainly talent on the team but it doesn't seem to fit well together and seems to be missing at least a piece or two with very little to go out and fill those holes (in terms of assets to give up and availability.)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well, at this point firing Trevliving is also a good option.

We have a bunch of softies with no heart and terrible coaches. We cant even look forward to the draft for a rebuild

BT is pretty much the architect of all that.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well, at this point firing Trevliving is also a good option.

We have a bunch of softies with no heart and terrible coaches. We cant even look forward to the draft for a rebuild

BT is pretty much the architect of all that.

Aside from the fact that I like Treliving and think he has done a good job, I think it is a pretty bad idea as I just don't see what the new GM is going to come in and do a lot differently than Treliving would do.

Is the new guy going to come in and remake the team? Well then we are looking at another 3-5 years of bleh hockey while all those changes come into place.

You talk about the team being a bunch of softies, well since Treliving has come in here the vast majority of his additions have been far from softies- Bennett, Frolik, Hamonic, Brouwer, Versteeg, Jagr, Tkachuk, even Smith. Out of those guys only Versteeg could be considered a softie and the others may be the least soft guys we have on the team.

I am not saying that Treliving should be untouchable but I don't see what a new GM is going to be able to do that would have this team as a contender in the short term or a big upgrade in the position with bringing in a new guy.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Aside from the fact that I like Treliving and think he has done a good job, I think it is a pretty bad idea as I just don't see what the new GM is going to come in and do a lot differently than Treliving would do.

Is the new guy going to come in and remake the team? Well then we are looking at another 3-5 years of bleh hockey while all those changes come into place.

You talk about the team being a bunch of softies, well since Treliving has come in here the vast majority of his additions have been far from softies- Bennett, Frolik, Hamonic, Brouwer, Versteeg, Jagr, Tkachuk, even Smith. Out of those guys only Versteeg could be considered a softie and the others may be the least soft guys we have on the team.

I am not saying that Treliving should be untouchable but I don't see what a new GM is going to be able to do that would have this team as a contender in the short term or a big upgrade in the position with bringing in a new guy.

Monahan, Hamilton and Brodie are definition of softies both physically and in the head. I know they may not be all his but he decided to build around them. He made possibly fatal mistakes with Hamonic

Yeah, I agreed with you on replacing GM. All I am saying is he cant be exempt from the blame. He built this team.

Reactions: lightstorm

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I’ve seen enough of the “process”. The process isn’t working, the coach needs to go. Bring in Rich Sutter for the remainder of the season.

If you want to see piss and vinegar, bring in Daryl to see how he handles a weak Monahan back-check.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Mangiapane has literally been scoring for fun. Call him up.

When Frolik's back, waive Lazar

Tkachuk-Backlund-Gaudreau
Bennett-Jankowski-Mangiapane
Ferland-Monahan-Hathaway
Frolik-Familton-Jagr

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If you want to see piss and vinegar, bring in Daryl to see how he handles a weak Monahan back-check.
Monahan would have been stapled to the bench after the second. This team needs a coach to ride them hard

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
In the past 15 games we've only scored 3 or more regulation goals 3 times (Edm & Van 2x).
I know I posted this morning how there's still lots of divisional games left but my patience is really starting to wear thin here, we need to get going soon man. This team's been the 2nd healthiest in the league this season and we're not even in a playoff spot, **** me that's bad, best roster on paper we've had in a while. Something's gotta give.
I don't expect Gully to be coaching here next season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just wondering, is this system too difficult to understand or something?
Like, we have a good top 6 D.
We have a good top 9 F
We have a good goalie.

How are we borderline right now?

I know this sounds kind of f***ed, remember those Iggy days when we were very hesitant to go out and pay the price for a big dog centre? I kind of feel the same for Gaudreau. Gaudreau with an equally creative centre would be absolutely insane to watch.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Monahan, Hamilton and Brodie are definition of softies both physically and in the head. I know they may not be all his but he decided to build around them. He made possibly fatal mistakes with Hamonic

Yeah, I agreed with you on replacing GM. All I am saying is he cant be exempt from the blame. He built this team.

How is Hamonic a fatal mistake?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Acquiring Hamonic isn't a fatal mistake, the mistake in acquiring him however is that the 1st isn't protected.

Playing Devil's advocate, because I like doing that.
Calgary was a playoff team, that was there without crazy unsustainable stats and good possession metrics. Adding Hamonic should have put them over the top, especially when retaining Stone. I think you trade a 16th+ overall plus some seconds for Hamonic every day. Top 4 are hard to come by.

I didn't foresee us sucking this hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->