GDT: Flames @ Leafs #2 - Cruise Control (5:00 PM MT)

I have to be at the gym for 7:00, wat do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sometimes I look at this team and this roster, and I wonder what exactly the plan was?

What is the identity? Are we a big hard forechecking team hungry to get possession and force a chance? lol No. Are we an especially fast team? No. And CERTAINLY not using Geoff Ward's mongoloid systems. Are we a tough team? :laugh: no :laugh: Are we an east west skill team? Kinda not really sometimes definitely not. Are we special teams dominant? No. Are we a team a team that's going to grit and grind down teams through our hard work? Please. Just a collection of people who depending on the day and if they feel like might play something resembling hockey.

Reactions: JurassicTunga

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
First game I’ve watched start to finish in a awhile. Very disappointing. Team looks incredibly slow 5 on 5. Can’t generate anything off the rush

The only time they look remotely dangerous is generating offense off the cycle down low but they rarely have the speed to get up on the forecheck and generate possession deep in the o-zone so you don’t even see it often

Happy that Rittich is playing well again but that’s about it

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
After rewatching the last 2 goals, two guys stick out like a sore thumb. Guess who?

hanifin and Monahan. Lazy and incompetence, borderline comedy. If we can get value for these two turds, do it ASAP.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
What I am noticing from Monahan this year, and probably earlier is his classic one hand on the stick reaching but not really trying, and making soft plays... not a good game from him last night.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
upload_2021-2-25_7-15-19.png

Should point out our xGF% continues to look pretty good at 5 on 5 (outside of 1 garbage week)
The line combinations are finally working just need to have a plan in place so we aren't out worked the first 15mins of every game

Reactions: BudRobinson53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad