GDT: Flames @ Leafs #2 - Cruise Control (5:00 PM MT)

I have to be at the gym for 7:00, wat do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Scared, tentative Geoff Ward hockey has them hemmed in their own zone, finally get it out, dump it in, go for a change, get hemmed in their own zone, pray your Goalie bails you out, rinse and repeat.

Borderline unwatchable even IF it was winning hockey.

One uber slow player on each of the top 3 lines doesnt help either and thats on the wizard.

And WTF is up with Dillon Dube? One point in last 9 games?

He has always been inconsistent. Had like 7 pts in his first 11 games last year and than 8 in 34 or something.

He has some great boots, but the rest of his game has a long ways to go.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
At this point it might have to be done soon.

Right now the Flames are pacing for 45 less ES goals than last year on an 82 game schedule (which was already down a lot from the year before), and about 30 less overall.

209 goal pace... 209 f***ing goal pace! That's 80 f***ing goals less than 2 years ago. Oh and btw the last time we paced for 209 goals in an 82 game schedule we ended up drafting 4th overall.

f*** you Ward! You've made this team so unwatchable!
It’s been a massive struggle. Painful to watch them try to create 5 on 5 this year. And that says something because LAST YEAR was painful to watch.

A large part of it is Ward for sure in my mind

Reactions: super6646

turnagainoutlaw

Apr 1, 2013
Yukon
Man you guys are negative tonight. Sure they didn't create much offensively but the effort was there. Other than Leivo I thought they were pretty good tonight. Excited for Kylington.

Reactions: SaintMorose

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Tough when only one line working each night

rest are playing like they are afraid to lose

Put an end to this miserable team. Fire Ward ASAP. Then Treliving

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Just noticed Hanifin takes out himself and Tanev seconds before the Leafs jab it home in the most comical way possible. I was wondering how both of them ended up on the deck. Blooper material stuff

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Can't wait to hear Robert give patty the gears tonight .Wonder if Patty has wanted to hang up on him

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This is Ward's hockey

upload_2021-2-24_21-48-22.jpeg

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Someone explain like I'm 5 why the f*** that goal wasn't challenged?

You challenge it, it's a 50/50 call at best, and probably doesn't go your way.

Noe you're killing a penalty at the end of regulation instead of and probably lose 2-1 in regulation where you've been the worse team.

Instead you get it to OT, get your loser point, and have at least a chance at a win.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
You only don't challenge if getting 1 point is more important than trying to win. Team plays with no confidence and Ward coaches with no confidence.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Rittich was incredible for you guys. Sucks that your coach doesn't know what he's doing because you have the right pieces to be a good, entertaining team.

No reason that this team on paper isn't a playoff team in this division. Treliving should fire Ward and hire a coach with some balls.

Leave our Tank? Commander alone! Ward will get us Owen Powers!

Reactions: smitty10

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Kylington was a very nice surprise tonight. Made some solid defensive plays on the rush and can carry the puck/escape pressure before making a tape to tape pass in the d-zone. Can't see Nesterov dispalcing him after that performance

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
They need to scratch Leivo next game, some bad giveaways and another dumb penalty.
Leivo is playing good outside of those dumb penalties. Has an active, strong stick on the boards with a heavy shot. He just can't seem to get it in the net, and then he takes some dumb penalties. Whoever we bring into the lineup most likely doesn't bring those attributes, it's more worthwhile to keep him in the lineup and wait for him to get that first in order for the floodgates to open, rather than to scratch him and play Buddy Robinson

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I knew Patty would lose his shit on Robert lmao.It was building in Patty.Roberts still won't shut up even after Patty lost his shit on him

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Who are these people?
The call-in show. I will say the flames call-in show is by far the best to listen too
Robert is the number one cheerleader for the show .His calls are always entertaining to listen to. You could tell after the last few calls Patty was getting angrier and angrier with Robert and tonight Patty lost it finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad