GDT: Flames @ Leafs, 11-10-2023 In Toronto (5:00 p.m. MT/Sportsnet West)

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Leafs have 3 regulation wins in 14 games. I can't believe we've lost two games to the worst teams in the league Toronto and Edmonton. Embarrassing.

We should have shot instead of being cute especially in OT. Mangi had chanced in regulation but it seemed the puck would bounce off his stick. That's the difference to between him and say a Marner, is that Mitch corrals it back in and still gets a goal off. Both Ras and Hubes should have shot toward the end of OT. Hanafin was fumbling the puck a lot out there too.

Reactions: Boomstick

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I could see that. He did have chances.. good chances. And I saw that frustration on the face and anger on the bench. If Lindy starts going it'll translate to nothing but good.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Lindy stoned thrice in ot. He's coming around. I expect a couple tomorrow vs the Sens.
I don't, he also lost important FO all night long. Asolute thrash at the moment.

We should have shot instead of being cute especially in OT. Mangi had chanced in regulation but it seemed the puck would bounce off his stick. That's the difference to between him and say a Marner, is that Mitch corrals it back in and still gets a goal off. Both Ras and Hubes should have shot toward the end of OT. Hanafin was fumbling the puck a lot out there too.
Mangi is useless, that's all.

Reactions: Tofveve

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
03:30 am in the UK, thought I would get drunk for a positive reason but this feels like a loss. Marner scored illegalgoal but nobody is talking about it- the puck was behind him- surely. Terrible officiating, 2 posts, Huberdeau and Lindholm 2 mega heavy anchors, imagine if they would be producing as expected, we would be winning most of the games. I would love Johnny the Hockey back in the City, imagine having him playing for us instead of Huberdeau ... Gonna get drunk regardless, Wolf tomorrow, good night folks.

Reactions: Boomstick

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I bet huberdeau shooting and scoring the ot winner instead of passing wouldve gotten some huge monekys off hes back.... Its like he just doesnt want to take it into hes own hands. I thought he had a pretty good game tn too, him and Lindholm were good, mangi not so much.

Team was crap the first 10 mins or so, but played well after that until the 3rd, where it just became the vlad show.

Ik we lost similar to that dallas game where you see a lot good things and its now 4 games in a row where they have strung that tgt. Im fine with losing (for now) if they keep playing like this, its much better than the atrocities we were seeing before that.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames scored 5 goals and the Leafs scored 4. Going to put that one in my personal win column. Garbage refs saving Toronto's ass once again. Took a pt against a better opponent tho, hard to be too mad. Goal scorers were Zary, Zadorov, Greer, and Pospisil though. Where the f*** are the paid forwards?!

Good - Even as a guy who watches the Wranglers semi-often Zary is surprising me. Love that he can make plays without time and space. Rarity with this group. Liked Weegar mostly, probably our best dman. Kadri moving his feet, like that. But f*** that SO attempt was lame. Greer scored a goal, threw some hits. Backlund had one of his better games. Coleman decent checking winger type game out of him.

Pretty not bad - Pospisil, scored a greasy one and was hitting stuff. Vladar might have liked a save on that 2nd Nylander goal and the Jarnkrok one but thought he battled well. Flames gave up a lot of shots. Huberdeau had an A and only turned it over once! Baby steps. Zadorov threw a big hit and scored a big goal. Re-sign this dude. DeSimone I liked his composure, made a lot of solid passes. Mangiapane had some jump, think the bad ice caused the puck to bounce on him in OT. Saw some 2nd efforts out of Lindy that have been missing, score a goal tho dude.

Meh - Andersson some good some not so good. Dube was fine.

Not good - Hanifin was terrible after playing his two best games of the season. Bobbled every puck, couldn't make a pass. Very bad. Tanev was also chasing Leafs around the whole night. Ruz not sure where we put him, seems like he doesn't know what he wants to be either. Sharangovich nice shot for the SO goal but otherwise was the weak link on his line tonight.

Entertaining game at least. Was there for the taking for Calgary and they chuffed it as per usual.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
03:30 am in the UK, thought I would get drunk for a positive reason but this feels like a loss. Marner scored illegalgoal but nobody is talking about it- the puck was behind him- surely. Terrible officiating, 2 posts, Huberdeau and Lindholm 2 mega heavy anchors, imagine if they would be producing as expected, we would be winning most of the games. I would love Johnny the Hockey back in the City, imagine having him playing for us instead of Huberdeau ... Gonna get drunk regardless, Wolf tomorrow, good night folks.
Goodnight Joe. Hopefully we'll get a W tomorrow. W stands for Win and Wolf. :D

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The top 4 D were completely horrible today. Gross.

Vladar I didn’t love on goals 1 or especially 3. But he kept us in it in the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad