Series Discussion: Flames - Jets (Flames Win 3-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 13, 2009
If the season resumes, we're looking at a Flames/Jets play-in series. So who do you think holds the edge?

Here's my take:

Goaltending - No question, Winnipeg. Hellebuyck > Rittich/Talbot.

Defence - Without a doubt, Calgary. The Flames are deeper from top to bottom.

Forwards - Tie. Both teams have elite high end skill and solid all around depth.

Coaching - Winnipeg. Both Maurice and Ward are experienced coaches, but Maurice has been a Head Coach for most of his career whereas Ward has primarily been an Assistant.

Overall, I think it'll be a good series. I give the slight edge to Winnipeg however, I think they're just a little bit bigger and faster.

Thoughts?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I personally disagree on Forwards. I think their top end guys overall have a higher peak, and have better depth overall but that's just my two cents.

I also think their F group is better, especially if Little is healthy again. This is a group that 2 years ago made the 3rd rnd, and gave the Blues a good push in the 1st rnd last year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Pond hockey incoming...

It’ll be fun and I’m excited. I feel like loosing will sting significantly less but winning will only feel slightly less exciting and that’s mostly because 17th ave isn’t exactly going to be a hot spot (hopefully not anyway)

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Unless our top guys are really lighting things up, their Forward group is likely better. They’ve got some good size, speed and skill. Will be a fun series regardless, I really miss sports.

Reactions: DancesWithWookies

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Who is ready to see Hanifin-Hamonic back together game 1?

I want to believe, Gaudreau was finally getting going, Hanifin-Andersson were playing well, Rittich has some time off and usually plays better with rest, but who knows in a 5 game series.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019

I want to believe, Gaudreau was finally getting going, Hanifin-Andersson were playing well, Rittich has some time off and usually plays better with rest, but who knows in a 5 game series.
I know the Hanifin Hamonic comment is a joke but... man it wouldn't surprise me with Ward not changing it until he was literally forced to.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Winnipegs forward depth takes it...a bigger question is for the play in round do we get the playoff Bennett or the regular season Bennett?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Winnipegs forward depth takes it...a bigger question is for the play in round do we get the playoff Bennett or the regular season Bennett?

Hope he has been growing out that playoff beard.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
If there are 2 or 3 alphabet lottery balls I wouldn’t mind losing this series for a 25% shot at a franchise player

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
If there are 2 or 3 alphabet lottery balls I wouldn’t mind losing this series for a 25% shot at a franchise player
I think it's still single digit probability for the playoff teams (between 1-6%) but yes there is a small chance.

Would be nice to win the lottery after the Flames go out three straight. (Let's face it, they're not great after long breaks)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

If those two are back I’m throwing stuff. Had ptsd from all the bitching I had to do about how awful they were.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
This team was terribly mediocre and inconsistent from the net out all year. I don’t expect much this post season (if it happens). Hopefully I eat crow however.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
This team was terribly mediocre and inconsistent from the net out all year. I don’t expect much this post season (if it happens). Hopefully I eat crow however.
You could say the same exact thing for the Jets this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad