GDT: Flames @ Jets 7pm

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I can't even remember Giordano doing that in the last two seasons. I'm so excited to see what he can do with Brodie

Reactions: Calculon

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If only 1 can make the opening night roster, who would you say has that spot right now, Mangiapane or Dube?

Probably Hathaway :laugh:

I think they have been our two best forwards this pre season though

If I had to guess I would say Mangiapane because he already has two years of pro experience. But Dube is more NHL ready just because he’s so complete

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Mangiapane but I'd guess management would say Dube

Does anyone really need to be on the NHL roster?

All I mean is I think he's good enough to replace a guy, but I don't know if he improves the team by doing so. I also don't think he's as well-rounded as Dube.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If only 1 can make the opening night roster, who would you say has that spot right now, Mangiapane or Dube?
Dube is currently edging out Mangiapane imo. So I'd pick him to see if he runs out of steam after the first 10 games. If he does, then there's no shame in sending him down and calling Mangi back up

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
All I mean is I think he's good enough to replace a guy, but I don't know if he improves the team by doing so. I also don't think he's as well-rounded as Dube.

Mangiapane if he starts hitting his stride is a Ferland/Cammalleri level shotmaker - any line that utilizes him well will see a benefit. He's also a fair bit more polished than Dube at this point in time. Dube is the more talented player but you can also see some rawness in his game that could lead to growing pains IMHO.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Weak sauce from Lindholm. He won't be out there at OT anyway so it doesn't matter I guess

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Mangiapane if he starts hitting his stride is a Ferland/Cammalleri level shotmaker - any line that utilizes him well will see a benefit. He's also a fair bit more polished than Dube at this point in time. Dube is the more talented player but you can also see some rawness in his game that could lead to growing pains IMHO.

I'm seeing him make plays routinely that I don't expect him to make. He's continually surprising me. He's also an extremely effective forechecker.

Mangiapane is doing well, but everything good he's doing seems to be largely based off combining with Ryan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad