Confirmed with Link: Flames invite Tanner Glass to camp on PTO

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
Really? With the glut of bottom 6 forwards they have? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Competition for the last forward spot. Like Korpikoski last year, people shouldn't discount the possibility of the Flames wanting to actually sign him regardless of how terrible he might be.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Competition for the last forward spot. Like Korpikoski last year, people shouldn't discount the possibility of the Flames wanting to actually sign him regardless of how terrible he might be.

God damn it I was trying to forget about the Korpikoski PTO

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'd assume it's for the split squad games for Penticton. Just a warm body to play.

Got enough bodies for that already, even while resting a few vets (e.g. Backs. Versteeg, Gaudreau, and Frolik):

Away
Familton-Stajan-Poirier
Shinkaruk-Dube-Phillips
Aagard-Lomberg-Pribyl
Gadzic-Hrivik-Caroll

Home
Tkachuk-Bennett-Foo
Ferland-Monahan-Brouwer
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Hathaway
Klimchuk-Lazar-Smith

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I guess a PTO can't hurt... unless of course they actually end up signing him. Hopefully Mangiapane outplays him for that 4LW spot.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Jesus christ no.

If they are seeing if he can be a Bollig replacement in the AHL, fine, but super gross for the NHL roster.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Some over reactions here. It's a PTO, that's it.

I could see him getting a two-way deal and going to Stockton. Maybe see the odd game with the Flames. With Bouma and Engelland gone, having a guy that can crack some heads isn't a bad thing. Doubt he'd be a regular when the Flames already have Hathaway.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Don't feel like there's much to see here. I'd be shocked if he made the team, he's not very good at that thing called stick puck.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Is it really that hard to believe he could be a regular? That's what he was his entire career minus last year and he still played 18 games.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'd have rather seen Paranteau on a PTO if we really need wingers for scrimmages.

We already have Gazdic. Glass is redundant

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Is it really that hard to believe he could be a regular? That's what he was his entire career minus last year and he still played 18 games.

He spent stints in the AHL the season before too, I think he's pretty clearly done, if he was ever a good player to begin with.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
That's the Flames for you.

Get you hyped on Jagr, end up inviting Tanner Glass on a PTO.

At best, he'll be a Bouma replacement. Edit: at best, he'll be handing Bartkowski popcorn in the press box.

DIbbg64XgAEzrgl.jpg

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
:laugh:

Things sure have gone awfully quiet regarding him. Maybe the deal is done but they are waiting until Bennett is signed.

I mean, all we had were rumours from Friedman and Eklund that we'd looked at him. Entirely possible that was the extent of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad