Confirmed with Link: Flames invite Joseph Cramarossa to camp on a PTO

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
One of the best face punchers in the league. Considering how bad Gadzic is at actually playing hockey I like this move.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
based on mgmt's body of work this summer, I have to believe they're taking a stance against scoring 2.0+ goals per game.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
He did get 4 goals and 10 points in 49 games playing little minutes. Only 24 years old as well. If he does well, I think they'll sign him.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
He did get 4 goals and 10 points in 49 games playing little minutes. Only 24 years old as well. If he does well, I think they'll sign him.

I think he has a bit of untapped upside. Maybe a one in three chance he becomes a 25-point depth guy, I'd be willing to roll the dice on that when we're likely getting him for a million at worst.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Meh, he'd be a good depth guy. If he signs a 2 way deal I am all for it, but a 1 way would require him being the 13th/14th man. And I wouldn't really want that, I would rather have Hathaway have that spot.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Like if they sign him, why not just bring back Chiasson?

Chiasson wasn't a fighter, or at least not a good one, so the team needs a guy to answer the bell if Ferland's gonna be a skill guy. If Ferland ends up being an important part of that top line you can't have him being sent off for 10 minutes at a time after scrapping with a nobody.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Chiasson wasn't a fighter, or at least not a good one, so the team needs a guy to answer the bell if Ferland's gonna be a skill guy. If Ferland ends up being an important part of that top line you can't have him being sent off for 10 minutes at a time after scrapping with a nobody.

I think the Flames want Ferland to be Ferland. I also think 1 of these kind of players is sufficient, I don't see the point of signing 1 to a deal and giving the 2 other PTO's. At best 1 of these 3 is competing to be the 13th forward. I don't know, I just find it overkill and nonsensical. The book on these players is pretty well known, it's not as if is a player Connolly or DSP that you're hoping surprises.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Also a fan of cram, he was a okay 4th liner in Anaheim. He needs to have a 2 way contract though as our bottom 6 is already way too crowded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad