Speculation: Flames interested in Patrik Nemeth?

Sep 13, 2009
Didn't see this posted anywhere. It was mention on HNIC on Saturday and again on SN on Wednesday. Apparently the Flames are in the market for a veteran left shot defenceman and have zeroed in on Patrik Nemeth of the Avalanche. What would the asking price be? Mid (4th/5th) round draft pick? AHL/NHL tweener? Prout to help clear the log jam on D? Can't imagine it would cost a whole lot.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not really sold that Sakic will sell anyone. Seems very out of character for him, but Nemeth has been mentioned several times now and is on TSN's trade board so it seems like his name his out there. A 4th / 5th round pick would work. My only guess regarding his availability is that Sakic is looking at another D elsewhere...or figures Makar will be available sooner rather than later, but that seems unlikely considering UMass is playing very good hockey and their season might not be ending too soon.

Sep 13, 2009
Not really sold that Sakic will sell anyone. Seems very out of character for him, but Nemeth has been mentioned several times now and is on TSN's trade board so it seems like his name his out there. A 4th / 5th round pick would work. My only guess regarding his availability is that Sakic is looking at another D elsewhere...or figures Makar will be available sooner rather than later, but that seems unlikely considering UMass is playing very good hockey and their season might not be ending too soon.

You can have Dalton Prout for the balance of the season. So Prout + 4th/5th round pick for Nemeth? That could work.

Last edited:

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
The Flames a solid second pairing defender for their AHL team to make a Calder cup run?

No team should want Nemeth. The Flames would be better off with the extra ink in a cheap dollar store pen than signing trade papers to get him.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I know they are rookies and that is apparently a cardinal sin for playoffs. But I am completely comfortable with Andersson and Kylington starting for us.

Getting Stone back as a 7th is plenty.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If he wasn’t hauling around that bowling ball of a contract I’d take Russell back in a heartbeat tbh. Heart and soul 3rd pairing guy who blocks shots and isn’t a terrible puck mover.

Russell is a solid #5. Worth about $2.25 mil per but Chiarelli had to outbid himself.

Sells low on Eberle for cap space and blows the whole wad on Kris freaking Russell.

I mean he’s awesome please give us a 5th rounded for him

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not that the stats provided are ever accurate, but how does Nemeth play 51 games and not have a single recorded takeaway?

Reactions: Danvalanche

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Wonder if Sakic would look at one of the Flames non-NHL goalies, or a somewhat stalled C/RW prospect like Tuulola rather than a later pick. There are going to be bodies needed to keep filling out the Eagles and Grizzlies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not that the stats provided are ever accurate, but how does Nemeth play 51 games and not have a single recorded takeaway?
That is amazing. 13 giveaways 0 Takeaways... must be the worst % in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad