GDT: Flames @ Hurricanes Feb 3 @ Noon SNET360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't know what the hell happened to him. Looked really solid in 16-17 and has regressed a lot since. Parsons is still really raw, but I feel good about him.

Losing a season to hip surgery has spelled doom for a lot of hockey players. Really tough thing to come back from, especially for goalies and their mobility. Parsons is going to need quite a bit more time, he's only 21. I like a lot of things about him though.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Losing a season to hip surgery has spelled doom for a lot of hockey players. Really tough thing to come back from, especially for goalies and their mobility. Parsons is going to need quite a bit more time, he's only 21. I like a lot of things about him though.

Plus it's not like the Heat is playing particularly well, especially defensively.

Parsons has games where he dominates, and then ones where either he or the team sucks. Hard to tell which is which.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Lol. I never thought there would be somebody here more ridiculous as okg, but your coming pretty close right now. If you think an 888SV% is decent, then good for you. If you think a player who openly *****es about the team effort after he loses is important to our locker room chemistry, then good for you. If you don't like the fact I disagree with your opinions, block my profile and be done with it. It's an open board, and I have every right to express my opinions.

Otherwise, I don't think this argument is going anywhere and is just gonna turn into a pissing match. Let's just agree to disagree and be done with it.

I think it is important for moments like this where somebody is getting personal and the emotions are running high to look at your own posts and ask the question "Is the real issue with me or them?"

@Lunatik and others have not been the aggressor in this conversation.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Wow, we don't play until Thursday again? Crazy. This not playing stuff could hurt us. Hopefully not.

10 days off, then come back to play 2 games then 3 days off again. the f***

How ever after that it is pretty much a game every other game until the end of the season.

Reactions: Sk8M8

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You do know overall stats don't tell the entire story right? You know like a 15 year veteran using smaller equipment than ever before. Smith was absolutely ****ing terrible to start the year. But anyone that actually watches games and is at all objective can see Smith has been better since mid-November, Not great, but better.

Mike Smith Stats and News

Look at the month by month stats. Pretty consistently bad after a disasterous start. He isn't in jonas hiller territory I guess? It's perfectly understandable that Father Time has taken its toll on him, but his improvement is still below replacement level goaltending. Though yes, he hasn't looked as awful as his start in October and has had a couple good starts. Still think there are upgrades out there.

I think it is important for moments like this where somebody is getting personal and the emotions are running high to look at your own posts and ask the question "Is the real issue with me or them?"

@Lunatik and others have not been the aggressor in this conversation.

The conversation was fine until I was accused of some personal vendetta against smith, which isn't true. He's been legitimately bad this year, and I don't see why it had to turn into that.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
The conversation was fine until I was accused of some personal vendetta against smith, which isn't true. He's been legitimately bad this year, and I don't see why it had to turn into that.

@Lunatik questioning your motivation for the level of hostility in the posts was not unreasonable. Totally discounting others thoughts with no supporting evidence is not a conversation it is a "Donald Trump" reality. Accepting and respecting other viewpoints is the cornerstone for good debate. It is not about winning the discussion it is about conveying a coherent thought while accepting that the opposing view likely won't be changed by what you have to say.

Much of what I have to say is very polarizing. Unlike many here I don't believe Johnny is as irreplaceable as many say.... Um well his play this season is making my comments look silly .. He has really taken a huge step forward and it is only a benefit for the team and game. But I digress this does not mean I can be disrespectful to others with the opposing view no matter how wrong they are.

The long and short is - Quit worrying about winning the discussion or changing others minds because more often to not that discussion's winner won't be determined for months to years from now.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
10 days off, then come back to play 2 games then 3 days off again. the ****

How ever after that it is pretty much a game every other game until the end of the season.

We were several games ahead of most teams for a long time. I didn't like that. I knew this was coming, but it sucks that it comes after 10 days off. I'm glad we won last game, that was huge because it's hard not to think we'll lose a few over the next week or two while we figure out how to play hockey again. Crossing my fingers.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Seriously, taking Demko there was such an obvious pick too. It's not like some hindsight scenario like when we talk about Barzal or something.

Barzal was the obvious pick though, in foresight.

2015, I had us taking Barzal and them rolling our eyes up in ecstacy

I said:

Forget what he actually became, Edmonton traded that guy ^ for Griffin Reinhart

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Barzal was the obvious pick though, in foresight.

2015, I had us taking Barzal and them rolling our eyes up in ecstacy

There were plenty of people who had Barzal in their top 10 going into that draft. I had him right after Provorov but Zacha lower, so in the 7-8 range.

As much as the Hamilton deal worked out for us in the end, I would have been so happy if we had taken Barzal at 14 that yeah.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad