GDT: Flames @ Hurricanes Feb 3 @ Noon SNET360

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Any news on Stone? He had such a good start to the season... It’d be nice to have him in with Hamonic possibly out.

Wonder if Bennett or Lindholm slot at C with Jankowski possibly out too.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
With blood clots, the treatment (blood thinners) can be as risky as the clots themselves. So I wouldn't expect him back soon even if he is "close"

Before the break I remember Treliving talking about him and mentioning he’s doing some skating on his own. He said he was getting closer but there was no time table. It all depends on him.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We're all Jonesing for Flames hockey are we?

We need a solid response for last game. End the losing streak at 1.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Calgolina Hurricames
Carogary Flurricanes

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
With blood clots, the treatment (blood thinners) can be as risky as the clots themselves. So I wouldn't expect him back soon even if he is "close"

You are correct and to add a little more, the doctors can not clear a player until the effects of the blood thinners are out of the players system. This means as long as any player is on blood thinners the player can not be cleared for play until the prescribed blood thinners no longer in the players system. Some blood thinners can take 2-3 weeks after the prescription is finished. Looking back to Pascal Dupuis he was removed after a blood clot was found on November 19, 2014 and put onto the IR and was not cleared for play until the following season.

It is unlikely that Stone would be cleared much before the playoffs. Realistically speaking it is doubtful we will see Micheal Stone before training camp next year. Considering the last time Micheal dressed for the Flames was November 11, 2018 one would expect Stone to practice with the Flames with no limitations for 3-4 weeks then be sent to Stockton for as long a condition stint as is allowed by the CBA which is 14 days. In that time one would expect Stone to play as many games as possible to get him back into game shape.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
any word on if it is hamonic's ankle? That would f***ing strike a huge blow for us, guy has been amazing all year. fml.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
come-on-you-apes-you-wanna-live-forever-memes-com-14005848.png

Coach Bill Peters rallies the troops prior to noon game in Raleigh, North Carolina, Feb. 3, 2019 (Colorized)

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
i have to admit i like carolina's singer :) and neither of the anthem's is from my country so I usually find that bit fairly boring, but that was quite good :)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Flames doing "amazing" so far. f***ing incredible this team can look so awful. Haven't left the zone in the last four minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad