Pre-Game Talk: Flames host Coyotes: Thursday, November 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Randy Sportak‏@SUNRandySportak2m2 minutes ago

Based on line rushes, it looks like Brandon Bolig and Devin Setoguchi will be scratched tommorrow. McGrattan and Baertschi would return.

The full lineup is still terrible.

Glencross-Monahan-Jones
Gaudreau-Granlund-Hudler
Baertschi-Byron-Jooris
Reinhart-Bouma-McGrattan

Giordano-Brodie
Russell-Wideman
Smid-Engelland
Diaz

Hiller
Ramo

Glencross and Gaudreau should be switched. So should Byron and Reinhart.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Glencross-Monahan-Jones
Gaudreau-Granlund-Hudler
Baertschi-Byron-Jooris
Reinhart-Bouma-McGrattan

Giordano-Brodie
Russell-Wideman
Smid-Engelland
Diaz

Hiller
Ramo

I like it. I like the idea of Jooris on Baertschi and Byron's line. He's exactly what they need.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I really like those lines. Byron back on center is kinda meh but we haven't got many other options really. Id personally like to see Reinhart maybe center that 3rd line.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014

Glencross-Monahan-Jones
Gaudreau-Granlund-Hudler
Baertschi-Byron-Jooris
Reinhart-Bouma-McGrattan

Giordano-Brodie
Russell-Wideman
Smid-Engelland
Diaz

Hiller
Ramo

I really don't think Glencross has done much to be given minutes on the top line. He has no jump to his forecheck, and always looks hesitant to move his feet. The plays he makes offensively reflect very little creativity too.

I'd put either Gaudreau or Baertschi along with Monahan and move Glencross down to that 3rd line to get him going with a little kick in the ass. Maybe Sven reuniting with Monahan will get him going.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

Glencross-Monahan-Jones
Gaudreau-Granlund-Hudler
Baertschi-Byron-Jooris
Reinhart-Bouma-McGrattan

Giordano-Brodie
Russell-Wideman
Smid-Engelland
Diaz

Hiller
Ramo

These are the changes I'd make also

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I really like those lines. Byron back on center is kinda meh but we haven't got many other options really. Id personally like to see Reinhart maybe center that 3rd line.

I think Hartley is making sure we have a vet on each line. Reinhart should be a center though, have Bouma on the wing.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Steinberg's version has Jooris and Reinhart at centre, which makes a lot more sense:

#Flames lines at practice: Glencross-Monahan-Jones; Gaudreau-Granlund-Hudler; Baertschi-Jooris-Byron; Bouma-Reinhart-McGrattan

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Steinberg's version has Jooris and Reinhart at centre, which makes a lot more sense:

#Flames lines at practice: Glencross-Monahan-Jones; Gaudreau-Granlund-Hudler; Baertschi-Jooris-Byron; Bouma-Reinhart-McGrattan

Bottom six looks much better. Glencross and Gaudreau should still be switched though. Seems like Glencross is back on a cold streak and not moving his feet, as The Gaudfather mentioned.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Calculon, starting threads all over the place as usual. ;)

And yes, II. Shaner's been telling us all along that Churros is a natural centre.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Calculon, starting threads all over the place as usual. ;)

And yes, II. Shaner's been telling us all along that Churros is a natural centre.

Worst pre-game talk ever.

The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
We all know those line combos will last for like two shifts but yeah, I too hope we get to see Gaudreau/Monahan/Jones. It's time for Sven to have a big game and he can do that with those two workhorses. His nicest goal during that emergency callup was against the Coyotes, more of that Sven please.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We all know those line combos will last for like two shifts but yeah, I too hope we get to see Gaudreau/Monahan/Jones. It's time for Sven to have a big game and he can do that with those two workhorses. His nicest goal during that emergency callup was against the Coyotes, more of that Sven please.

For the third period, the lines will be:

Guadreau-Monahan-Jones
Glencross-Granlund-Hudler
Bouma-Jooris-Byron
No fourth line.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014

I'd still switch GlenX and Johnny, but yeah I don't mind those.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'd be fine with that lineup for the rest of the year tbh.

I like our lineup. Although, I would send down Ferland, Baertschi, Reinhart and Seto should be somewhere else when the others are back.

Glencross - Monahan - Jones
Gaudreau - Granlund - Hudler
Raymond - Backlund - Colborne
Bouma - Stajan - Jooris
McGrattan, Byron, Bollig

We still would have to move a forward if we want Jooris and Granlund to stay up (which I think they both should). Pretty awesome at how decent we've played with 4 NHLers injured.

If you keep Bollig and McGrattan out of the lineup, we might have the ability to roll out 4 lines. Of course, this is assuming everyone is healthy. But, Byron as a 13th forward who can pretty much fit anywhere in the lineup makes our lineup flexible as well in case there is an injury somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad