LeBrun: Flames have Interest in Toffoli/other top 6 rhs fwds

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Toffilo would be a great addition to the Flames. A little spark perhaps between him and Monahan from their OHL days.

Perhaps Phillips, Gillies and a conditional 2nd for Toffilo?

If I was running LA the ask would be a 1st. If you can’t give that I would wait till closer to the deadline and see what other teams offer. I have a feeling he will be a target for many teams.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Toffoli will score the occasional goal but he is a very average skater (maybe even slightly below average) and he loses 90% of puck battles. There is a very good reason that LA has not even bothered to negotiate a contract extension with him. Fans outside of LA who don't watch him and just look at stats should really take the time to watch a few Kings games. Your opinion WILL change.

Reactions: Rockmorton

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Toffoli will score the occasional goal but he is a very average skater (maybe even slightly below average) and he loses 90% of puck battles. There is a very good reason that LA has not even bothered to negotiate a contract extension with him. Fans outside of LA who don't watch him and just look at stats should really take the time to watch a few Kings games. Your opinion WILL change.

If he could just be Jiri Hudler 2.0 and have some chemistry with Gaudreau-Monahan that would be great.

I'd be wary of a long term extension for him though.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
agreed , i think its a perfect fit.
although im pretty sure the kings will hold off unless you give them a 1st rounder.

toffololol for a first and B- prospect probably gets it done today
The Flames are likely targeting Toffoli because they see him as a good compromise that won't cost the first. If someone else is willing to pay that price go for it. I don't see the Flames doing it

Reactions: deflowd

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The Flames are likely targeting Toffoli because they see him as a good compromise that won't cost the first. If someone else is willing to pay that price go for it. I don't see the Flames doing it

This. Especially with how volatile this season has been... I wouldn’t put the first on the table under any circumstance, especially with how deep the draft is.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Toffoli is there to pot goals and MAYBE flip the puck out of the zone on a breakout. Anything else is asking too much.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
LA might even do Toffoli + Clifford both at 50% retained.. So around $3.1 mill for both..
Tyler Toffoli
Kyle Clifford
Jack Campbell
Could all help the Flames and they're available, as for not dealing within the division.. well that was a Dean Lombardi thing, Rob Blake is open for business... and again, we can and will retain..

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
LA might even do Toffoli + Clifford both at 50% retained.. So around $3.1 mill for both..
Tyler Toffoli
Kyle Clifford
Jack Campbell
Could all help the Flames and they're available, as for not dealing within the division.. well that was a Dean Lombardi thing, Rob Blake is open for business... and again, we can and will retain..

Well with this proposal, what would you want for them? Lets say your proposal you make the first offer right, what are your needs?

I'd look at the 20/21 1st(20 if we make it past the 2nd round) + 2nd(opposite year as the 1st) + cap?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Well with this proposal, what would you want for them? Lets say your proposal you make the first offer right, what are your needs?

I'd look at the 20/21 1st(20 if we make it past the 2nd round) + 2nd(opposite year as the 1st) + cap?
Thats around what i was thinking, salary wise.. Talbot + ?? Bennett??
Toffoli + Campbell + Clifford for 1st '20/21(conditional) + 2nd '20 + Talbot + Bennett (not sure you guys would need him with both Tyler and Kyle headed your way).. I'm just thinking salary so this can obviously be adjusted

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Thats around what i was thinking, salary wise.. Talbot + ?? Bennett??
Toffoli + Campbell + Clifford for 1st '20/21(conditional) + 2nd '20 + Talbot + Bennett (not sure you guys would need him with both Tyler and Kyle headed your way).. I'm just thinking salary so this can obviously be adjusted

How about Talbot and Jankowski? That's what i was looking at, maybe throw in an extra 4th/3rd depending on Campbell or Toffolis play?

1st(20/21 passing 2nd round of playoffs)
2nd(21/20 opposite as 1st)
Talbot
Janks
4th/3rd 20 (Toffoli scoring at a .5ppg pace in playoffs OR Campbell winning half the games he plays in?)

For

TT(50%)
Kyle Clifford(50%, not even sure on his contract?)
Campbell
7th 20(same year as the 3rd/4th)

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
How about Talbot and Jankowski? That's what i was looking at, maybe throw in an extra 4th/3rd depending on Campbell or Toffolis play?

1st(20/21 passing 2nd round of playoffs)
2nd(21/20 opposite as 1st)
Talbot
Janks
4th/3rd 20 (Toffoli scoring at a .5ppg pace in playoffs OR Campbell winning half the games he plays in?)

For

TT(50%)
Kyle Clifford(50%, not even sure on his contract?)
Campbell
7th 20(same year as the 3rd/4th)
I would definitely do that...

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Well we have a 1-1 for each fan base, lets see if anyone else agrees/disagrees

Err.. why in the world would Calgary do that? That's brutal.

Talbot is playing at a high level for us - absolutley no reason to trade him for what would be a downgrade currently or at best a wash.
Toffoli is not worth a 1st round pick as a UFA... He's a .52 pts/g player that past 4 years and does not provide intangibles..
Clifford is yet another fourth line left shot winger and while I like him, he's not a need at all and he's certainly not worth a 2nd round pick.

Don't make this any bigger than it needs to be. Toffoli for a 2nd + b prospect, and if we get outbid you move on.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

Talbot is playing at a high level for us - absolutley no reason to trade him for what would be a downgrade currently or at best a wash.
Toffoli is not worth a 1st round pick as a UFA... He's a .52 pts/g player that past 4 years and does not provide intangibles..
Clifford is yet another fourth line left shot winger and while I like him, he's not a need at all and he's certainly not worth a 2nd round pick.

Don't make this any bigger than it needs to be. Toffoli for a 2nd + b prospect, and if we get outbid you move on.

Clifford would bring Cup experience and is tough to play against, i think he'd make our Ryan line tougher to face with this deal i envision
Johnny-Money-TT
Chucky-Lind-Mang
Bennett-Backlund-Czar/Dube
Clifford-Ryan-Dube/Czar
I think that's better than what we have, and i don't believe Talbot will keep up his play

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

It's hard to see Toffoli getting a 1st as a rental unless you're retaining 50%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad