LeBrun: Flames have Interest in Toffoli/other top 6 rhs fwds

Slomo

May 27, 2018
Toffilo would be a great addition to the Flames. A little spark perhaps between him and Monahan from their OHL days.

Perhaps Phillips, Gillies and a conditional 2nd for Toffilo?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Makes sense on the Tiffoli front for Calgary.
Especially knowing Brad, you know he's age appropriate enough to keep him in the fold. That being said, inter division trade, two teams that aren't really fans of each other... it'll probably cost a premium rather than the second it should cost.

Reactions: go4hockey

Cruznoost

Feb 6, 2018
To be honest I’m wondering who would be a better fit to our Flames...Kapanen or Toffoli???
And after watching Kovalchuk this last couple weeks I’m actually quite impressed and wouldn’t mind him as an extra addition...and we definitely need to add another defensemen...
Nonetheless what’s your guys thoughts?
Kapanen or Toffoli???
And what would it take to get them?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
To be honest I’m wondering who would be a better fit to our Flames...Kapanen or Toffoli???
And after watching Kovalchuk this last couple weeks I’m actually quite impressed and wouldn’t mind him as an extra addition...and we definitely need to add another defensemen...
Nonetheless what’s your guys thoughts?
Kapanen or Toffoli???
And what would it take to get them?

I think Toffoli if you want the extra sandpaper.
I think Kapanen if you want the extra skill.

Knowing Treliving, he prefers the sandpaper, but he's not fixated on things like that. He's more fixated on getting a good value deal that he perceives will fit with the team. Absolutely no idea what he's thinking, because he's essentially thinking of everything.

Reactions: Cruznoost

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Could've had Kovy for free .....
Pretty sure Calgary didn't want him off waivers at his old contract. Also don't know if kovy was even interested in Calgary when he became a UFA. Calgary doesn't seem to be the big market kovy was always rumored to prefer

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
For a dude who by rumour preferred big markets, he sure spent enough time in Atlanta and Jersey.
You don't really have a ton of control in your early contract years

Not everyone gets the lindros treatment. Besides, when he was young I'm sure he was just happy to be playing in the NHL/america

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
I think Toffoli if you want the extra sandpaper.
I think Kapanen if you want the extra skill.

Knowing Treliving, he prefers the sandpaper, but he's not fixated on things like that. He's more fixated on getting a good value deal that he perceives will fit with the team. Absolutely no idea what he's thinking, because he's essentially thinking of everything.
Toffoli? Sandpaper?? Not so much.

Sep 13, 2009
One name no one seems to be bringing up is Kyle Palmieri. But if I had to choose between Toffoli/Kapanen, I'd probably choose Toffoli (better finisher).

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I think Kap would work better on the 3rd line(Bennett-Ryan-Kap) and Toffoli would work better on the 1st line(Johnny-Money-TT) Kovy would probably be better on the top line as well. But he'd make our PP powerful

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Kovalchuk on the Flames would be the perfect fit. At that price, they could even add another forward!
No he wouldn't be a perfect fit.

Calgary doesn't take on pp experts or snipers. Every player is expected to play a two game and back check. Kovalchuk isn't fast enough to keep up with that kind of play anymore. Calgary also isn't giving him 20 minutes a night on the top line.

On Calgary kovalchuk is back to LA numbers. Big no thanks.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
No he wouldn't be a perfect fit.

Calgary doesn't take on pp experts or snipers. Every player is expected to play a two game and back check. Kovalchuk isn't fast enough to keep up with that kind of play anymore. Calgary also isn't giving him 20 minutes a night on the top line.

On Calgary kovalchuk is back to LA numbers. Big no thanks.
So, beside Toffoli, nobody then?

It's not like there is a ton of top 6 right shot forwards available.

Should have kept Frolik as depth.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Toffilo would be a great addition to the Flames. A little spark perhaps between him and Monahan from their OHL days.

agreed , i think its a perfect fit.
although im pretty sure the kings will hold off unless you give them a 1st rounder.

toffololol for a first and B- prospect probably gets it done today

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

It couldn't be a conditional 2nd if you wanted any hope of that deal going through.

The 2nd is the highlight of that trade proposal.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Leafs would want a defenseman in a Kapanen deal and he doesn't mesh very well with talent. He likes to carry the puck a bit too much and is better when he can drive play a bit more on a third line. Not sure there's a good fit with Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->