GDT: Flames @ Habs "The Ballad of You Know Who" - Jan 13 2020, 5:00 MT

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
They continue to have terrible consistency at 5v5 this season.

6th time in 27 games the Flames have been shutout.

That's once every 4.5 games.

Big yikes.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
That was one of the least fun games of the year. We sort of showed up with 10 min left, then screwed the pooch with our goalie pulled for 3 min. Maybe 6 min of decent hockey from our squad tonight.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames didn't seem to have much interest in winning this game. Not a lot of puck luck but very little center ice drive either.

Thought Kylington was good, seems like he's gaining confidence. Backlund and Lucic were awful, as was all of the top 6. Rittich kept it from being a complete abortion.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
With the Capitals shutout against Carolina, NHL goalies (not including Rittich) have combined for 60 shutouts this season.

6 of those have come against the Flames.

That's a perfect 10%.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Backlund is horrific.......they need a RW asap...and yeah Bennett is not the answer...dude has no hands and half a brain

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Price always plays good against us. Doesn't he have a ranch around here?

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
D3973AD0-4188-428C-80E8-928639E1046C.jpeg

Outside the Bell Center.

“Hey Tkachuk. We all know Kassian PEDs sitting down”

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Well this game sucked. Get back on track against a Leafs team that's been rolling. That's a team we can't take a game off against. They have the ability to find ways to score goals against the best of defenses and goalies and we can't win a game against them 2-1 without a lot of luck.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well this game sucked. Get back on track against a Leafs team that's been rolling. That's a team we can't take a game off against. They have the ability to find ways to score goals against the best of defenses and goalies and we can't win a game against them 2-1 without a lot of luck.

I don't know if I'd say that a team that just lost to Edmonton then got smoked by Florida is rolling. Their offence is good, but they're a mess defensively and they just lost Rielly.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I don't know if I'd say that a team that just lost to Edmonton then got smoked by Florida is rolling. Their offence is good, but they're a mess defensively and they just lost Rielly.
Kinda forgot they lost to Edmonton. But a 3 game losing streak (juries out on if it will be broken or up to 4 against Devils) after a long stretch of mostly wins isn't much to scoff at. I also forgot to account for Rielly being out along with Muzzin, but this means their top guns might forgo even more defense in the name of scoring goals since Rielly is out, or they just have a fire under their ass. With how tight the Pacific is the Flames can't go into any game without a killer instinct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->