Pre-Game Talk: Flames @ Habs, April 16 - 6pm

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Montreal plays 6pm Friday then they play at 4pm on Saturday vs Sens, so 2 games in less than 24 hours again.

It sounds like the Vancouver-Toronto game scheduled for 7pm Saturday will get moved to Sunday. Hoping they move the 4pm start to 7pm.

We just need to play MUCH better than we did last game. A split is fine. Montreal looks slow though & Flames have a good skating D.

Remember when Montreal was a fast squad? Damn, sitting Staal & playing Evans will help, but I would sit Perry too.

Drouin -- Kotkaniemi -- Anderson was our best line last game, so keep them together.

Tatar -- Danault -- Armia
Toffoli -- Suzuki -- Byron
Lehkonen -- Evans -- ????

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Montreal plays 6pm Friday then they play at 4pm on Saturday vs Sens, so 2 games in less than 24 hours again.

It sounds like the Vancouver-Toronto game scheduled for 7pm Saturday will get moved to Sunday. Hoping they move the 4pm start to 7pm.

We just need to play MUCH better than we did last game. A split is fine. Montreal looks slow though & Flames have a good skating D.

Remember when Montreal was a fast squad? Damn, sitting Staal & playing Evans will help, but I would sit Perry too.

Drouin -- Kotkaniemi -- Anderson was our best line last game, so keep them together.

I agree they should sit Staal, at least one of the two games.

If Chiarot is back what do the d pairings look like? Do they put Chiarot and Weber back together? How many Weber mistakes lead to scoring chances?

They also need to figure the power play out. The first unit with Weber and Drouin on it can’t get set up, especially if they have to enter the zone with the puck. The only good thing about that unit has been when Suzuki is able to get a shot off, other than that it’s been terrible.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
It could be caufield , but not on the 4th line . I’m not sure if he is ready but It would be exciting.
It could be caufield , but not on the 4th line . I’m not sure if he is ready but It would be exciting.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

ouch... further bad news for us if so... means the Nucks will play back to back nights vs the Leafs, before playing the Flames on 1 day rest.

Friday night is so clearly a "must-win" for us. A loss, regulation or OT, will be the death of our playoff aspirations, book it.

Flames will ride that momentum all week into the 3 game series, at home, against our road weary and demoralized group.

Either they win tomorrow, blunt calgary's momentum and put together a positive streak, or the wheels will fall off...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad