Flames Fwd line combinations, D pairings, PP units, PK units, and goalie discussion

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I don't have an issue giving Simon some playing time. He's still young at age 26 and is versatile. Sutter needs to see him first hand to determine if it would be worthwhile in keeping him. Phillips isn't going anywhere, although I'd like to see him get some game action this season.

Reactions: Mazatt

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't have an issue giving Simon some playing time. He's still young at age 26 and is versatile. Sutter needs to see him first hand to determine if it would be worthwhile in keeping him. Phillips isn't going anywhere, although I'd like to see him get some game action this season.

unless nobody wants him, I don’t see why Simon wants to come back

Phillips will be available for waiver for free if they decide to resign him. I don’t think the flames think highly of him. He is a mini Johnny at best….very mini… where do you play him?

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
True. Simon may not want to come back, but you have to think if the reason he signed here in the first place is still valid, i.e. an opportunity, he might re-up if asked.

As far as Phillips goes, the old saying 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog that matters' might come into play. He's done well so far in the AHL or at least until his knee injury.

Where would I play him? 1RW. Sink or swim kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad