Flames Fan Roll Call

IceCapsNation

May 4, 2012
Name: Justin
Hometown: St. John's
When/How did you start following the Flames?
1996. I was 9 years old and idolized a teenaged Jarome Iginla who led the world juniors in scoring that year, helping Canada take home the gold.
Favourite Flame? Contradictory to my statement above, I currently have no favorite Flames player. All are expendable in my eyes, as long as it gets the team closer to Lord Stanley.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Name: Joe
Hometown: Philadelphia
When/How did you start following the Flames: 2004 Cup run
Favourite Flame: Rene Bourque
Favourite Flame Prospect: Johnny Gaudreau
How long have you been on HF Boards: Couple months

Why2Jay

Feb 1, 2009
Names Jason Age 32 Live in Edmonton raised and grew up watching and loving my Flames through the good and the bad. LOL hope I did this right, if not just tell me and ill add more

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hi guys,

I've been posting here a couple of days, and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's William, I grew up in Calgary and live in Victoria. I pride myself on watching every Flames game on hideous streams, whether or not I can see the puck.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hi guys,

I've been posting here a couple of days, and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's William, I grew up in Calgary and live in Victoria. I pride myself on watching every Flames game on hideous streams, whether or not I can see the puck.

Hey man I am also a Flames fan stuck in Canuck territory, Darcy's pub is a Flames fan head quarters for this area.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Name: Adam
Hometown: Calgary, AB
1995 Playoffs. Flames vs Sharks. (Flames lost game 7).
Favourite Flame?
Giordano, GlenX, Baertschi, Brodie. (Jarome Iginla all-time)
Favourite Flame Prospect?
Baertschi
How long have you been on HF Boards?
I've followed HF for a couple years, but have only been posting for one year.

Rolen

Mikael Ferlund
Jun 6, 2012
London, Ontario
Name: Mitchel Williamson
Hometown: London, Ontario
The 2010 olympics got me into hockey and then I watched the Heritage Classic where the Flames won 4-0 and that had me hooked. My dad also lived in Calgary and was a flames fan which influenced me as well. I was really a passive fan though until the 2011-2012 season. Yes, I am a newbie.
Favourite Flame?
Jarome Iginla for obvious reasons (all-time). Right now it would have to be Brodie.
Baertschi, Jankowski right after.
Just under a year.

Business of Sport

FranchiseCornerstone
Aug 7, 2010
Montreal
Name: Jason
Hometown: Thunder Bay, ON; lived in Calgary for 5 years
Being from Ontario, and force-fed Leafs hockey from a young age, I gravitated towards the Flames during the '04 run (when they served as "Canada's team"); happened to move out west the following year and was lucky enough to catch them play a bunch during my time there, including Theo's preseason comeback (when he nearly blew the roof off the 'Dome scoring that shootout winner) and the Heritage Classic with my son
Favourite Flame?
Iginla all-time, though I was always a fan of Eric Nystrom's game; GlenX, Backstrom, and McGratz
Sven Baertschi, and whoever they pick this year (Monahan/Lindholm, Shinkaruk/Pulock, Rychel??)
I've followed HF for a couple years now (has ALWAYS been my absolute best source for any hockey-related info) but haven't posted much until recently.. With three 1sts in a deep draft, guys like Brodie and Baertschi showing promise, and the surprise success of some of their goaltending prospects, the Flames' offseason (and the offseason in general) shaping up to be one of the more interesting ones in history. This is the time of year I always look forward to.. I'm totally the type of guy who'd sim the season in GM mode to work the draft lol :D

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Name: Blair
Hometown: Bethlehem Pennsylvania
When/How did you start following the Flames?: The 04 Run. The atmosphere here in Calgary was awesome. Started watching more after the 2010 Olympics.
Favorite Flame?: Iginla
Favorite Flames prospect?: Whoever we draft 6th this year (haha) but for now it's Sven.
How long have you been on HFBoards?: A few weeks now. Post mostly on Calgarypuck though under the same handle.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Name: Cody
Location: Victoria, enemy territory. ( Hey Hudlinator, wflames :D )
Hometown: Calgary, Alberta
When/how did you start to following the Flames? I don't really remember, probably late 90's, probably 1998/2000. No idea really. However, being born in Calgary, it was an easy choice to be a fan of the Flames. Flames fan forever!
Favourite Flame: Jarome Iginla (All-time) Now: Sven Beartschi
Favourite Prospect: Baertschi and whoever we pick in the draft at 6 this year.
How long have you been on HFboards? I've been on here since 2010 but lurked a bit before that.

Go Flames Go!

Last edited:

TriPPinVdUb

Jun 17, 2012
Calgary Alberta
Name: Triffan
Hometown: Red Deer, Alberta
When/how did you start to following the Flames? 1982 since the day I was born I've bled Flames, my mom used to tell me when I was knee high to a grass hopper the only time She could get me to sit still was when the flames game was on :)
Favourite Flame: Jarome Iginla/Joel Otto/ Theo Flurey (All-time) Now: TBD
Favourite Prospect: Sven Baertschi
How long have you been on HFboards? Signed up a while back but never really posted...

Go Flames Go!

Schalkenullvier*

Okay I'm gonna post in here to ensure that people don't think I'm a Bruin troll. The B's are my first team (because of Marco Sturm :laugh:), but I follow the Flames closely and try to catch as many games as I can (it's difficult because games start at 3 AM CET and I already have many short nights because of the bruins, so I usually catch 10-15, 20 at most if I'm lucky).

Anyway...

Name: Hendrik
When/How did you start following the Flames? I got into hockey with the game NHL 2005, and they always have the last SC matchup as the default match, so that time the lightning at home and flames on the road. Being the european I am I thought the home team was on the left- and chose the flames. I was playing with them, but didn't follow the actual NHL

In 2007 I started to get interested in the real sport, and discovered my fav player Marco Sturm was traded to the B's so I became a fan of theirs, but remained a soft.spot for the flames. As my NHL watching grew stronger, the flames established themselves as my "girlfriend" team out west.

Favourite Flame?
Iggy is my favourite player, other than that Cammy and Jay-bo
Favourite Flame Prospect? Sven, but I hope Johny Gadreau becomes MSL 2.0. Such an enthusiastic kid.

discovered it in 2011

TechronSadosa

Playoffs? Playoffs?
May 15, 2012
Calgary, AB
Okay well I am going to get on here just because........because

Name: Curtis
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK
When/how did you start to following the Flames?
I became a Flames fan 2 years before moving to Calgary, so 1987. Pretty much had the Flames choosen for me via my father, but have always been loyal.
Favourite Flame: Eric Nystrom
Favourite Prospect: Baertschi, just because he is the best thing we have had come in some time.
How long have you been on HFboards? Cant remember, just looked daily and did a lot of head shaking at the proposal's.

Aug 3, 2010
Okay well I am going to get on here just because........because

Name: Curtis
When/how did you start to following the Flames?
I became a Flames fan 2 years before moving to Calgary, so 1987. Pretty much had the Flames choosen for me via my father, but have always been loyal.
Favourite Flame: Eric Nystrom
Favourite Prospect: Baertschi, just because he is the best thing we have had come in some time.
How long have you been on HFboards? Cant remember, just looked daily and did a lot of head shaking at the proposal's.
Nystrom's not even with the club any more and wasn't here for a long period of time, either which make me surprised.

Not Glencross?
You share a name, a home province... within 2 years of each other in age... :sarcasm:

Just kidding though, not going to tell you who your favourite Flame should be. :)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Name: Jake
When/how did you start to following the Flames? Going to the games with my dad as a wee lad (7 or 8), started following intently during the 03/04 run.
Favourite Flame: Jarome Iginla/Paul Reinhart (All-time)
Now: Mikael Backlund
Favourite Prospect: Sven Baertschi
How long have you been on HFboards? Awhile, didn't start posting until 2012 though.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Thought I'd do this:

Name: Preston
When/how did you start to following the Flames? My dad has always been a Flames fan, just got it from him at a very very early age.
Favourite Flame: Martin Gelinas/Jarome Iginla
Now: TJ Brodie/Sven Baertschi
Favourite Prospect: Sven Baertschi/Max Reinhart
How long have you been on HFboards?

Last edited:

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
wow I've gone through 4 years without doing this

Name: George
Hometown: Winnipeg
When/how did you start to following the Flames? All my friends were Edmonton fans in elementary school and back then, I thought it was cool to be different, so I went for Calgary. Kind of just stuck.
Favourite Flame: Remember Andrei Zyuzin
Now: Giordano
Favourite Prospect: Gaudreau/Gilles
How long have you been on HFboards? I made a few posts back in 09, then got kind of lazy so I just lurked for 3 years. I started contributing again this year.

Last edited:

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
Name:Trevor
Hometown:Calgary
When/how did you start following the flames? Been a fan since the first season. My father took me to games at the old corral.
Favorite Flame: Theo, Gary, Miikka, and Jarome
Now:GlenX, Baertschi
Favorite Prospect: Baertschi, Monahan, Gillies
How long have you been on HfBoards? about a month. Got tired of always creeping, and i love to talk hockey with knowledeable people.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Name: Tristan
Hometown: Halifax
When/How did you start following the Flames: 2003
Favourite Flame: Sven Baertschi
Favourite Flame Prospect: Tyler Wotherspoon
How long have you been on HF Boards: Creeping about a year

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Name: Duncan
Location: Bellingham, WA - it's farther from Calgary than you'd think :cry:
Hometown: See above
When/How did you start following the Flames?: 2004 Stanley Cup run. It was my first time watching hockey... I picked a good season.
Favorite Flame?: Of all time, it's Iginla. Currently, either Cammalleri or Baertschi.
Favorite Flames prospect?: Monahan!
How long have you been on HFBoards?: I've been lurking for a few weeks.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
Name: Chris
Dad took me to a game in the late 80's (don't remember exactly when) but really did not start following closely until 2007
Favourite Flame?
Has to be Kipper followed by Iggy ... now that they are gone we will have to wait and see.
Jankowski, but the 3 1st from 2013 are looking real good too

Zatch

Jul 18, 2013
Lethbridge, Alberta
Name: Zach Peace

Hometown: Lethbridge, Alberta

I came out with a Flames Jersey on! ... In all seriousness, as a newborn. My father would watch Flames games with me in his arms. I really started to get interested in hockey when I finally understood it better, around the year 2000. I understood enough about hockey to appreciate the Flames run in '04 with decent knowledge.

Favourite Flame?
Childhood role-model, like most children at my age who were CGY fans, was Iginla. I've got an old #24 Jersey with Iginla on it, meant for newborns. I've also got his #12 Jersey in both the old design and new design.

It's a toss-up between Monahan and Baertschi. For now, I'm going to go with Baertschi.

Since, well, now. Skobel24 convinced me.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Name: Thomas
Hometown: Calgary, AB
Followed them in my younger years, mostly in 2004, haven't really followed for a while now being an Avs fan.
Favourite Flame?
Gio/Cammy
Don't know enough about the Flames prospects.

Avs fan coming in peace. Since the change in divisions I am willing to let go of some of the bitter feelings I had towards the Flames and begin anew. Besides, I go to Flames games any time I can get my hands on tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad