Flames extend Bob Hartley's contract

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Good. This should inject some stability into the team, and help pull them out of their slide.

Bob's done an excellent job since arriving in Calgary. Happy he's sticking around.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Is this really a main board thing? :dunno:

Happy for this move, definitely. I'll echo The Gaud Father's comment. You know like wadda guy.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Weird timing losing 6 straight and all, but:
1) Who really cares, hes a large part of the reason we are above .500. Great with (most) of the younger players.
2) There looks like there won't be anything better out there if Babcock re-signs.
3) Gives great interviews, I like that.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
No word on term or $ yet, but I'm happy.

Also, first coach since Badger Bob Johnson to coach the Flames for more than 3 years. Another 2 and he'll be the longest coach in Flames history

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Hart seems to be the perfect coach for the Flames. Good for them to have some stability behind the bench.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Funny that he and Eakins started at the same time and Eakins was fired around the same time Hartley was extended.

Don't know if true or not re his salary...

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
3 weeks ago I was told by an excellent source Bob Hartley signed a new multi year deal north of 2 M per year. #Flames denied it. #hmmmm

wzY0F37.jpg

lol.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Funny that he and Eakins started at the same time and Eakins was fired around the same time Hartley was extended.

Don't know if true or not re his salary...

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
3 weeks ago I was told by an excellent source Bob Hartley signed a new multi year deal north of 2 M per year. #Flames denied it. #hmmmm

wzY0F37.jpg

lol.

Hartley was hired prior to the last lockout. Eakins was hired the next season.

BigBush*

You know like Hartley really had to be extended, he's such a good coach

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know much about Hartley as a coach. All I know is, the face he made last night when Nash scored was priceless :laugh:

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
the flames playing way over their head for the first 27 games = contract extension.

couldn't they at least wait after the season? it's not like he's a player that needs to be locked up or anything.

The Flames were the 4th worst team in the league last season lol its too early to give these extensions out imo.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
the flames playing way over their head for the first 27 games = contract extension.

couldn't they at least wait after the season? it's not like he's a player that needs to be locked up or anything.

The Flames were the 4th worst team in the league last season lol its too early to give these extensions out imo.

If you think us being a 27th-place team was due to our coach, you haven't been paying much attention.

after 30 games sample and 6 straight loss ? sound stupid to me

This is his third season. :facepalm:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he deserves it

the guy has proven himself as a great coach everywhere he's gone. i still wonder why the avs let him go when they did

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Anyone who thinks this is a bad signing for the Flames is pretty much singling themselves out as having no idea what they are talking about.

This is the smartest move they have made all season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad