Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
giphy.gif

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Bennett never played 18 games at C this year. He has played two since Jankowski's callup - the W where Jankowski was scratched and Bartkowski was awful, and the blowout W over Carolina when Monahan was sick.

Of the other eight, He was awful in one of those (@EDM), and excellent in many others (OTT, VAN, WPG, ANA) and unlucky not to have a point. More importantly the team was winning during that stretch because Bennett offers more than points down the middle.

He may look like he plays well at center, but if he can’t put up points there nothing else matters. If you can’t put up points even Bergeron level defense means nothing as you’re still a drag on the team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He may look like he plays well at center, but if he can’t put up points there nothing else matters. If you can’t put up points even Bergeron level defense means nothing as you’re still a drag on the team.

Bennett cant generate offense ......Hopefully Johnny can help him out.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Everything about Bennett's game seems to indicate that he can't be the "carry" guy on the line. He can finish, though he can also blow it on easy chances, but I find when he's carrying the puck in he's a little too slow to see opportunities to distribute the puck. Far too often he corners himself. Basically he has all the hallmarks of a player whose downside is IQ. Don't know if that's ever going to be fixed, but he can definitely improve in several areas with time and experience.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Penalty slider to the max. Man, if they could've just held this standard from the beginning of the year, there would be far fewer slashes and hooks.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Everything about Bennett's game seems to indicate that he can't be the "carry" guy on the line. He can finish, though he can also blow it on easy chances, but I find when he's carrying the puck in he's a little too slow to see opportunities to distribute the puck. Far too often he corners himself. Basically he has all the hallmarks of a player whose downside is IQ. Don't know if that's ever going to be fixed, but he can definitely improve in several areas with time and experience.

I think in the past I likened him to Gary Roberts' skill set. I don't think I'm far off.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
The fact that Hamilton has not been tried on the 1st PP unit until the later part of the season should be enough to have GG fired. Still unsure what management is thinking on this with how many poor coaching decisions have been made this year.

Liking how Bennett has looked on the 1st line. Wouldn't mind leaving him there if he keeps up that play.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The fact that Hamilton has not been tried on the 1st PP unit until the later part of the season should be enough to have GG fired. Still unsure what management is thinking on this with how many poor coaching decisions have been made this year.

Liking how Bennett has looked on the 1st line. Wouldn't mind leaving him there if he keeps up that play.

It's not the first time that Hamilton has been on PP1. It's just the first time in a while (first time this season, I think), and the first time that it has gotten hot during that time.

He's doing great right now. Times his jumps beautifully and does a good job keeping the puck moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->