GDT: Flames @ Coyotes, 7:00 MT, SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A Ferland-Jankowski-Versteeg would be pretty deadly if Versteeg plays like last year and not this year.

tbh 3M has felt like our 3rd line lately. Tkachuk's offense has mostly come on the PP.

I mean, they're still puck dominant most nights; but yeah, that offence/deadliness has kind of dried up a tad. Frolik's been fighting it recently. Since that injury he hasn't looked like himself at all.

I mean, if they're playing like a 3rd line, we're still a one line team. Jankowski's been less than average, and the fourth line only shows jump when they do the youth infusion instead of the Brouwer designated black hole.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Nice to have a comfortable win for once. Gillies got better after that nervous start. Needed these 2 points badly. Good stuff.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
Monahan ties Ovechkins career high of 11gwg in one season.

Esposito holds record with 16gwg in a season

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I liked that response to that dirty hit; he needs to play with more emotion. He's been bad lately. But then again, that's what separates these true top 6 guys versus these niche guys.

You are seriously selling Ferland short. He has been just as consistant as Monahan this year with the difference being power play opportunity. NHLers all go through ups and downs. You shuffle lines to get all of them going. It's a game of confidence. Even Johnny has been streaky with his goal scoring.

Reactions: Calculon

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Anyone think one of the reasons the Coyotes suck is because of extreme handedness inbalance at not only forwards, but also on defense? I'm willing to bet if a few players became RHS on that team (So same skillset, not a "Trade Keller for Brouwer scenario"), the Coyotes would have at least a few more wins.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Very pleased with the push back after that dreadful start. Gaudreau's immediate return after losing that chicklet obviously paid immediate dividends. What a game by the new top line. Super impressive. This is what I expected pre-game. Glad it worked out. When I look at our roster I don't see a bubble team at all. I don't care what spot we make it in, I just want to get into the playoffs and show that we can make some noise. I realize matchups matter and not playing the ducks would be nice, but f*** it. Feed us Vegas, let's see what they can do in the post season. Still probably what? 45/55 make it/not make it at this juncture? I still feel like we will find a way, but need to find a way to be more consistent game over game to have a shot. Anyone know if Smith is dtd or wtw?

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You are seriously selling Ferland short. He has been just as consistant as Monahan this year with the difference being power play opportunity. NHLers all go through ups and downs. You shuffle lines to get all of them going. It's a game of confidence. Even Johnny has been streaky with his goal scoring.

No, I love Ferland. I've probably been his biggest supporter on this board along with @snipetype for over half a decade now :laugh:.

The guy's got a wicked shot, and a good set of mitts; but he is prone to some cold snaps, and has been even in his junior days and in his pro days (AHL). His struggles on that top 6 have always come from changing his game. When he's on, he's got that hounds nose for the net, he digging pucks in corners and he's carrying with confidence. When he's off (like he is, he's been bad recently) he almost looks like he's going through the motions.

I agree on the PP time. We just have no space for him on the first unit. And I agree with Monahan being streaky too; but his game is indiscriminate to tell the difference.
His game is on? He doesn't touch the puck, finds quiet ice and scores a lot of goals.
His game is off? He doesn't touch the puck, finds quiet ice and doesn't score.

Reactions: Connor McDaigle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad