GDT: Flames @ cOilers (Sunday 7pm MST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Couldn’t get a good flow going in the 3rd. And we took some piss poor penalties, which is weird, I could’ve sworn we were supposed to be favoured by the refs. Wtf

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
I like how you just fabricate a whole bunch of stuff.

Nope, just what I read on hfoilers. I would take credit for being that creative, but you just can't make this shit up. Now go back to your board and cry about Tkachuk some more until you forget that you could have drafted him but you took Pooljarvik or whoever instead.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Only 1 game in the next 5 days (Wednesday) so plenty of time for Backs to heal up. Gio back next game as well.

Flames looked pretty bad, but holy f*** does Edmonton trap hard. Healthy team and that's the best they can do? K

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can we watch that too?

giphy.gif

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Don't care if it's the second on a back to back or if we're missing Gio and Backlund. You need to get at least a point, and at the bare minimum a goal, against a terrible team like the Oilers.

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
Yeah it sucks because it's losing to the lowly Oilers, but in the grand scheme of things, we've been winning like crazy even through injuries and suspensions. This vomit-inducing trap system the Oilers are currently employing can only get them so far. It's, what's that word Oilers fans love so much...unsustainable? Ken Hitchcock sure is making the best of a bad situation though.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
i just checked the schedule and the next time we play the Oilers it will be our 3rd game in 4 nights again. Meanwhile they will have 2 days off. Wtf schedule makers?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think I honestly would've rather gotten blown out 7-0. Jesus, that game made me want to bleach my eyes.

It was pretty obvious the team was gassed and the Oilers were pretty content to sit back on their lead.

Brief thoughts:

Bennett looked good as a center. Styled on Nurse pretty hard in the 3rd

McDavid looked pedestrian tonight. If that's what Hitch hockey truly is, the Oilers won't go very far. Their play style is about 20 years too late. Won't be long before he pulls an Eichel and gets everyone cleared out in the summer

Can't wait for Prout to be gone

Don't really ever want to see Oilers fans complain about reffing for a while.

Rittich is the man

Biggest regrets: Further funding Daryl Katz's couch-call enterprise and seeing someone wearing a Glen Sather jersey with GM as the number.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I thought prout played better in the 3rd but my god was he terrible during the first two periods. Slowest hands and feet I have seen in a long time and was getting beat wide left right and center. He is like what our 7th or 8th D when healthy? ill take comfort in that

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Well, I'm glad I had to miss it. Not really even too mad though, a 1-0 loss is about as painless as losses get.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
honestly, this game was lost when we scratched Czarnik to play Peluso. Call it a minor move but any time you do crap like that the whole team rhythm gets thrown off. We didn't dictate the play because of that one poor decision. You gotta play to your advantages, which is team skill/speed/depth. Removing an advantage because a game is "special" is just handicapping yourself.

Also did not remotely like Ryan in Backlund's spot. I really want to see Tkachuk - Bennett - Czarnik, and we are wasting Bennett on the wing when he is basically a more talented Kesler/Kadri type built for matchups like McDavid.

Also not loving Brodie on PP1, and I love Brodie. It's time to put Kylington there, he is made for PP1. If not Kylington then Andersson.

Somewhat surprised at all the Prout comments, I thought he had a relatively solid game.

A bad penalty, got blown by a fair bit. He wasn't awful but he wasn't what this team needed on this night.

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Don't care if it's the second on a back to back or if we're missing Gio and Backlund. You need to get at least a point, and at the bare minimum a goal, against a terrible team like the Oilers.
Flames played like a turd tonight and there’s no way to polish it.

Same kind of game they lost to Pittsburgh frankly.

Just didn’t show up.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Rittich is a beauty. Nice to see you guys have good goaltending again.

Hope both teams can meet in the Playoffs this year. :)

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Meh. Lots of things working against the Flames tonight and it still was close. 2/4 points this weekend was probably the most realistic result and that's what we got. Flames had their chances, but it's clear they were running on fumes tonight playing 3 games in 4 nights and missing key players in Gio, Backs, Frolik and Vali. Rest, regroup and get back at it next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->