Claimed off Waivers: Flames claim Chris Stewart

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I would say he's a typical Burke player. IMO the biggest reason Burke grabbed him is so that his old buddy Carlyle in Anaheim couldn't. I don't think Calgary really needs him.

You don't think a team with two LHS LWers playing RW and a small, soft forward group needs a RHS RW who can play physically?

That is the exact need we had. You can debate how good he is but to say we didn't need him is pretty ignorant.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
In B4 the start of Stewart's scoring streak. If nothing else, Johnny Hockey will have some serious backup next time someone tries to hammer him.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oil fan saying that was a good pickup. Not only is Stewart a physical presence and rhs he’s also capable of going on a hot streak. Guys a warrior. I wanted him in Edmonton for the 3rd line

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
LOL

So why does Burke, Treliving, King etc. say that isn't true?

Why do they have to lie about it? If they wanted Burke to be the GM and make all the decisions why not do that?

Your theory makes zero sense and involves a lot of unnecessary lying, Treliving allowing Burke to makes moves in his name for seemingly zero benefit and a whole lot of cloak and dagger for nothing?

If this is the case how come it has never come out other than bitter fans of other teams (usually TO)? Wouldn't at some point a report come out that Burke is the guy teams have to talk to when making deals instead of all the reports of Treliving being a guy that works hard and is always working the phones and in on a lot of things?
Hey....pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
First of all I've never said that I disagreed with the Flames picking up Stewart. I stated on another post that if Ryan Reaves can be in the NHL so can Chris Stewart. I've never claimed that Burke makes ALL of the decisions but this pickup is something that would have his fingerprints all over it. This is the type of player he loves. He and Carlyle nearly ruined the Leafs with these type of players. Good luck!

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Cool, so the "full autonomy" clause means nothing in Treliving's contract.

Unrelated but I'd love to hear your views on the shape of Earth, vapour trails, 9/11, and evolution sometime.
I agree with you....it means nothing.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Hey....pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
First of all I've never said that I disagreed with the Flames picking up Stewart. I stated on another post that if Ryan Reaves can be in the NHL so can Chris Stewart. I've never claimed that Burke makes ALL of the decisions but this pickup is something that would have his fingerprints all over it. This is the type of player he loves. He and Carlyle nearly ruined the Leafs with these type of players. Good luck!

What???

This has nothing to do with what I said or you said earlier.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Stewart has looked predictably awful on the top line.

In B4 the start of Stewart's scoring streak. If nothing else, Johnny Hockey will have some serious backup next time someone tries to hammer him.

He already had that with Ferland / Bennett

Reactions: Janks

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Yeah I don't get people freaking out over Stewart playing on the first line. There's only three guys on the team that deserve that spot, one is injured and the other two play on the second line that shouldn't be broken up.

Bennett, Brouwer, Stewart, Lazar, Hathaway, all deserve that first line spot equally. Which is, not at all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
To expect to get a first line talent from a player that is claimed off waivers and makes 1M is madly optimistic.

Reactions: Trade

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
How did he look last night with Johnny and Monahan?

See he only played 13 minutes - was he at least noticeable or will he and Bennett just keep the spot warm until Ferland returns?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
How did he look last night with Johnny and Monahan?

See he only played 13 minutes - was he at least noticeable or will he and Bennett just keep the spot warm until Ferland returns?
It was just an experiment. He did a couple of nice plays, but for the most part he wasn't as effective. Better off putting Bennett there for now when Ferland returns, and try to have ourselves a 3rd line of Ferland - Jankowski - Stewart.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
It was just an experiment. He did a couple of nice plays, but for the most part he wasn't as effective. Better off putting Bennett there for now when Ferland returns, and try to have ourselves a 3rd line of Ferland - Jankowski - Stewart.

Is Stewart worth breaking up the Bennett-Jankowski-Hathaway line?

Razzdazzle1

Apr 25, 2017
Bennett has done absolutely nothing this season to deserve first line time

Except for looking really good playing on the 1st line.

Not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with this deserving comment. Trade deadline is over. Can't trade him now. Boo hoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad